New System

Not sure if you plan to run the cameras from A.C. power or your RV’s 12 volt battery system?

If you run off your RV’s 12 volt battery system you may want to visit this link below for some ideas
A.C. Power Failure Battery Back-Up for 14 V3 cams and Internet Communications

If your RV does have A.C. power running off the battery has the advantage of keeping the cameras and internet up if A.C. power is lost due to power failure or someone unplugging your shore power cable.
If your RV does not have a built in Charging system for either the Engine Vehicle battery or an onboard deep-cycle battery the unit in the link below I use on many setups, NOCO has quality products.
NOCO Genius GEN5X1, Battery Charger Maintainer

If your RV has a separate 12 volt deep-cycle battery that already has a charging system that charges while on A.C. power or while engine is running even better.

If you do decide to run on 12v Battery power you should have a LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) to keep from overly discharging the battery whether it be a deep-cycle or just the Engine battery.

If your RV has Solar Power to charge the deep-cycle battery system then the Solar Charge Controller will likely control LVD to the LOAD Output connections.

I use these to regulate the 12 volt battery power down to 5 volts and they have a Micro-USB connector compatible with the V3 Wyze Cams - Several links below as Amazon link is “Currently out of Stock”
Amazon Link to 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapter cable <— Out of stock but could be back anytime…

I prefer the Amazon one above because it is weatherproof and I have used those outside for years without any issues - Links Below is for similar 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapter regulators on E-Bay
E-Bay Link to 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapter cable <---- Closely resembles the ones I have used.
E-Bay Link to 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapter cable <---- Closely resembles the ones I have used.
But neither one of these state they are weatherproof as the Amazon version above does.

This one below in link does state it is waterproof (IP-67) but is a different design, which would work also.
Amazon Link to IP-67 rated Waterproof 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapter cable <---- Best choice currently

If you don’t already have Solar with a Charge Controller that has LVD, I heavily suggest you install a Low Voltage Disconnect Module in your setup.
Link E-Bay search of Low Voltage Disconnect Modules (many to choose from) <---- I use the XH-M609

Below is a basic connection diagram for hooking up the LVD to battery and 12v to 5v Micro-USB Adapter

I highly recommend setting the LVD at 11.8 volts to disconnect on a Lead-Acid Deep Cycle Battery.
Chart below is for Lead-Acid Gel Cell Deep-Cycle Batteries.
State of Charge Lead-Acid Gel Cell
The Yellow Zone is where damage to a battery begins that shortens batteries lifespan
The Red Zone is extreme damage to battery.

A 12 volt Vehicle Battery does not use the chart above and I would not discharge a vehicle battery as low, Not sure on the lowest voltage you would be able to discharge a vehicle battery down to, so you may need to check your vehicle battery manufacturer specifications.

For wiring between Battery and LVD module to 12v to 5v Micro-USB adapters I recommend Low Voltage Landscape wiring commonly used for outside low voltage lighting.
Link to search on Amazon for Low Voltage Landscape Wire

The lower the Gauge (AWG) of wire the less voltage drop over distance, but the 12v to 5v Micro-USB Regulator Adapters can handle an input voltage as low as 8 volts so 16 or 14 Gauge (AWG) should be just fine as your distance to each Micro-USB adapter will be short so the drop will be minimal.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

“And as always have a nice day”

quoted from my favorite YouTube educational videos of the Lock Picking Lawyer - another hobby of mine is lockpicking :upside_down_face: just for fun Only

In Real Life I am an Telecommunication & Electronics Engineer, and an IBEW Union Electrician

2 Likes