New sense kit will not connect

Maybe the same issue. Tried all troubleshooting but no good. All cameras working. Bridge with solid blue light. Wyze support suspected router setup. Went through a complete reset of two routers. Much wasted effort and time. Had them send me a second replacement bridge. It worked. All sensors connected without problem. 2 out of 3 bridges received were defective. Poor quality control. I suggest trying different bridges until one works.

1 Like

Wow I really hope itā€™s not that because to do shipping from Belize to Seattle where wyze is gonna be a pain and then back to me and Iā€™m enjoying there products so much

If the sensors do not connect to the bridge, and if the bridge is not defective, the only thing I can think of is some other device interfering with the 900 MHz (approx) radio frequency that the sensors emit. But if youā€™re in a relatively quiet (electronically speaking) residential area and put the sensors right next to the bridge (within inches) when setting up, there should be no interference. The Wi-Fi signal at 2.4 GHz is too far away to cause interference in my opinion.

You should contact wyze support and see what the options are. Maybe they can send a bridge to Belize? Itā€™s most likely their mistake for selling defects. If they canā€™t send to Belize, have them send a replacement bridge to your friend then your friend send it to you. If your friend has a wyze sense kit, perhaps your friend can first test it out to make the bridge works before sending it to you.

Iā€™m an engineer by profession with customer service experience. Not much you can do if the bridge is defective. Unless youā€™re a skilled electrical engineer and have piece parts to replace inside the unit. Itā€™s faster and less headache if you just try again with a replacement bridge or kit. You may have to try a few times if youā€™re unlucky.

Had the same issue with 4 sensor kit packs, 2 Bridges worked and 2 didnā€™t. The ones that didnā€™t work were the ones where I upgraded the firmware. Iā€™d like to try downgrading the bridges and see if the firmware is the issue. Any ideas on how to do that?

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @nonafs. There is currently no way to downgrade the bridges, sensors, bulbs, or plugs.

How long am I supposed to hold it down it just wonā€™t turn yellow am I supposed to hold on for 10 min this is complete (removed) do I seriously have a broken unit

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

I figure itā€™s a broken unit but hay if your in the US you can probably return it I tried everything with mine and it doesnā€™t work so I have to buy another itā€™s cheaper that way instead of sending the unit back from Belize to USA

The problems I faced started when I updated the firmware. Wyze sent me a new set where I did not update the bridge firmware and they connected to the sensors fine.

I had two sense kits I was just setting up. I was getting the five flashesā€¦ then nothing. No setup. Ends up that both of the motion sensors came with dead batteries (CR2450). I pulled a 2450 from my kitchen scale and bam paired like a champ. Sounds like maybe a quality control issue with sending units with bad batteries.

Ok sparky Iā€™m definitely gonna buy some new batteries tomorrow and try again

Batteries - Batteries - Batteries CR1632 fits the WHC31 Sensor - I messed with this issue for more than 3hrs and finally figured out the batteries are pretty much dead inside the sensor and will prevent an install no matter what you do. Removed the battery from the sensor and left it out overnight. Tried to install the sensor the next morning and BAM - Installed immediately. If your sensor is flashing 3 times - I can assume now that this represents a low battery. I checked the app and it shows a low battery. Why couldnā€™t WYZE tell us that?

2 Likes

I change batteries and no luck I just need to buy a new sense kit bcz my bridge is defective

If you believe your bridge is defective, then you should make a Support Request so that it might be replaced.

Well I will try that but I not sure if they will be able to help me bcz Iā€™m in Belize

Exactly the same problem I am having. DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON BRIDGE! That seems to have killed 2 of my bridges. ;(

They suggested that I should upgrade the firmware bcz it didnā€™t want to connect so I did that change batteries etc so I know itā€™s a faulty one I gotten b z will get another 1

Okayā€¦ So there is no fix for this issue yet?

• nothing from the above works for me -

Bought a Wyze Kit on Amazon and came in from the US.
There is no way to order a single Bridge and the Support is not replying anymore. Probably because they wonā€™t sent one out to Holland :frowning:

Will try brand new batteryā€™s tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossedšŸ¤ž

1 Like

Try disabling Mobile Data on your phone before beginning the sync process. Nothing worked for me until I did this. Also had to do the same with my doorbell cam (different manufacturer) but that is what made me think to try it with the Wyze sense kit.

Thanks for the replyā€¦ Unfortunately this is not a fix for meā€¦

I also noticed while watching some youtube, that I do not have the time-laps while trying to pair devices with the bridgeā€¦

Andā€¦ I noticed that my notifications are not working eitherā€¦ WYZE step up your gameā€¦

Ordered fresh batteries and they arrived today. Not luck thereā€¦ Any thoughts about what I could try nextā€¦!? Let me know!!

Support reached out to me yesterdayā€‹:+1::+1:
I tried a different powersorce, a powerbank, several EU adapters and the US adapter in combination with a cobvertorā€¦ But nothing seems to workā€¦