New 2.6 Beta App and Firmware released!

We are releasing Beta app and firmware next week. I remember the dev team working on the split screen issue last few days. If you still see this issue next week after the Beta release, let us know. Thanks.

Doesnā€™t look like video rendering, per se. Itā€™s just looks like the app is drawing the UI objects in the wrong place for some reason.

1 Like

Looking forward to a new beta. Do you know if it address my playback issue knocking camera off line? I actually have another couple of issue Iā€™ve yet to report.

1. CMC records motion when my V2 switches night-day and day-night. I thought it might be triggering on the click, but I have sound notifications turned off. Iā€™ll send logs next time it happens (tonight!).

2. If I have a CMC detected, followed immediately with another CMC, the first recording event is shown, but not uploaded. (Clicking on the event says not available or not uploaded yet). This has only happened a couple of times. Next time Iā€™ll do logs.

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with trying to zoom in CMC video on Android beta app version 2.6.36.?CMC video canā€™t seem to be zoomed in on when playing it back. Other cameras without CMC have no problems with the zoom feature. @NumberOne

2 Likes

I have noticed that also Plaidsky.

I have confirmed, Screen split/gap is known bug that our dev department is currently working on fixing. I have checked the status of this bug. Status shows ā€œResolvedā€. But, I am not sure if the new code will be integrated into our next Beta release. If not, the new fix probably will be released in the official release though. Thank you.

3 Likes

This issue still exists in Android 2.6.40 with Firmware 4.9.5.35

App 2.6.40 fixed the zoom issue on playback. Yea! :heart:

1 Like

Looking into this for you, @Megamind. Can you send over some app logs since this is persisting on the new app/firmware versions we rolled out last night?

Ticket 377789

The behavior seems to have changed slightly with this firmware While loading the event, the image and the timeline are positioned correctly. Then, once the video starts playing, the image drops down behind the timeline and stays there. But itā€™s not dropping as far as it was previously.

1 Like

Is this when you open a video from the Events tab, or by tapping on the thumbnail send by push notification of an Event?

Either.

1 Like

Item 1. Ticket #379432 with video clip. :nerd_face:

The split screen isssue still present as of today with the latest app and firmware.

1 Like

Any word on a fix for the split screen issue? Very annoying.

Twenty days and not a word. I guess nobody else has the split screen issue? Iā€™m on the latest app version and firmware updates.

I have an Android 6 tablet, everything else is iOS. That said I do not seem to be affected so I donā€™t know how widespread it is. I do believe it along with some other issues is being worked on.

At a guess, and itā€™s only a guess as I donā€™t work for Wyze, I would bet the player being used is a 3rd party component. If so Wyze will have submitted the bug report to them and is probably evaluating alternatives.

If not, if itā€™s home grown then the developers are working on a solution in house. But obviously do not want to introduce new bugs while fixing that one. There are at least 4 major versions of Android supported plus about 15 point release versions so testing can be very complex.

In short while it seems to take a long time to us I am reasonably certain they are going as fast as they responsibly can.

2 Likes

Of course, it was fixed in todayā€™s update, just hours after I posted. :smirk:

2 Likes

There ya go! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Sorry about that, @Megamind! Glad it was corrected!

2 Likes