Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

You can turn off notifications for the app itself on the phone. That’s how I had to do it for my wife. On iPhone go to settings, notifications, then Wyze and click off the “allow notifications” I have never found a way to do it in the app itself.

Jay Hill

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

The bell symbol on the wyze home page upper right is supposed to toggle all notifications on/off for all wyze items on that particular device. However, as of last app update, it seems like my wife no longer gets any notifications even with the bell symbol enabled. Haven’t checked her notifications in the phone settings - will later.

I will try updating the settings and/or use a different Wyze account to log in. I was using the same account for all. Thank you for the feedback!!

I would really like to share my cam but with no admin privileges… I would like to be able to share it but preventing the other person from changing the settings I have decided… For example, I don’t want them to put back the sound on or to turn off the cam … I am the owner and I would like to be the only one to be able to do it … Thanks for evaluating this option in future upgrades :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, we have multiple wyze cams set up yet when the main user shares the cams the individuals the cams are shared to cannot rewind. Is there a setting for this? Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the community, @tkdkid06. I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left.

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the people that you share your cameras etc. with that they could control the notifications for themselves. So each person can control what notifications they got and didn’t get

I would rather the admin have overall control of everything. Share notifications with my wife but not my sister. Then my wife can turn them on or off but my sister cannot turn them on.

1 Like

Well I would be OK with that as long as I could control what notifications my wife gets because she doesn’t want to get all the notifications that I get so I like your idea if the admin could control the people that they share with what notifications they get and don’t get I think that’s actually a great idea so I would trade my idea for your very good point. But I think each individual should be able to get the notifications that they want or the admin want them to get instead of just general notifications for everybody

1 Like

Can we please have the ability to toggle the ability to veiw playback for shared users. Most of the shared users are probably the spouse/significant other of the owner. Which is something that is needed for the other half. Unless someone can tell me how this is already possible. Thank you for letting me voice my feedback.

4 Likes

+1 please

I would love to have the option to limit the amount of control a shared user has. I want to share my camera without having shared users having the ability to turn on/off camera, record, turn sound on etc. This shouldn’t be hard to implement and would make myself and a lot of other Wyze users happy. Thank you!

1 Like

I have two Wyze cameras, which I have shared with my wife so we can both access them. However she doesn’t want motion alert notifications and I do. She disabled the motion alerts on her phone, and that disabled them for myself as well. I turned them back on, and now she gets them as well.

I’ve worked around this by simply disabling notifications from the app altogether in her iPhone’s main notification settings, but shouldn’t a separate user with access to a shared device be able to set their own desired preferences without overriding the owner’s? Or am I going about sharing the camera the wrong way?

1 Like

Hi @marcusdiddle, I have moved your topic to the relevant #wishlist thread. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

2 Likes

I got 2 cams shared with my wife via the app invite so she setup her own login. She simply turned off notifications in the app toggling the little “bell”icon at the top right of the home screen next to the 3 dots. I believe this basically acts the same as turning off the app notifications in the phone settings. Although that option allows leaving certain notifications but turning off sound or where and how they appear. Ideally there should be a way to customize “sub” users notifications by individual device, hence the wish list.

This would be VERY helpful. My boyfriend and I use our Pan Cam to watch our dogs while we’re at work, & it would be very nice if we could both access the footage/settings.

you could, you just have to use the same login credentials

hello did you get an answer or how to do this?

I have invited my family to watch the babies room where we have the Wyze camera however don’t want them listening in on our private conversations. Can Wyze PLEASE give the owner the ability to turn off the sound to invited guests?

1 Like

This would be useful as I have a different property that I wish to make the playback footage fully accessible , but have my home cameras still remain private. For that reason, a shared account would not work. Additionally, as only one account can be accessed at a time, I would only be able to get notifications from either my home cameras, or the other property. I could carry two devices with me, but that can also be impractical.

1 Like