Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

Not sure this this the right place for this.

We need the ability to SHARE our SCENES and SHORTCUTS with the people we share our devices with. We share the home so I do not want to have to set all this up on every single family members phone.

@loboent: I moved your post over here to a #wishlist topic that’s a bit more relevant. Be sure the scroll up and click the VOTE button at the top.

If you don’t mind the family members having full access, one solution is to just have everybody log into the primary Wyze account. There is nothing that prevents multiples devices from being logged into the Wyze account at the same time.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been covered already. My wife and I have separate Wyze accounts, and I’ve shared the devices with her account. My thought was that by having separate accounts that the notifications settings could be unique for each user. This doesn’t seem to be the case, as all the notification settings carried over to her account and when she changes them, it changes it for me as well. I know there is a way on Android to just ‘silence’ the Wyze notifications for her, but was hoping that there would be some in-app functionality where two users could have different notification settings for the same device.

1 Like

Want to share my cameras but don’t want shared accounts to be able to power cameras on and off, set rules, pan scan, motion features, sharing, etc. How about a view only share - no permissions other than viewing.

1 Like

I have shared my cameras with my father and it seems that he is getting notifications on events. When he logs in and turns them off they turn off for both of us. Then when I turn them on, they turn on for both of us. I am the 'owner" and he is just a shared user. Is there a way to have me get notifications and not him (or visa-versa) I would of thought the settings would be “user” specific but it seems they are simply ON or OFF…Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @jphill1, I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

I like the set-up but would like the ability to select which controls I give to users.

1 Like

We use this as baby cam. We share this with grandparents so that they can see baby . But we don’t always want them to have this access ( crib is in our bedroom ) so when we don’t want them to see or listen , we just pull the plug ( not very convenient)

I wish in share permissions I could just disable their access or enable it based on some schedule instead of taking it offline even for us .

Yes, yes, yes!

Automatic scheduling and granular feature sharing would be nice, but just very simple and safe “view-only” share that the owner can manually turn on/off would be sooo incredibly useful! :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

When sharing, the person I shared with is able to turn on and off the audio. It would be great if we were able to just share the video and not audio. Make the audio an optional to share with others.

These cameras are great except one major flaw. There is no way to disable the livestream audio . If a second user is watching, they can hear any private conversations going on. Primary user should be able to disable livestream audio from other users. It’s a huge privacy issue.

2 Likes

You could plug it into a Wyze Plug and put the plug on a schedule. Just don’t share the Wyze Plug permissions with the grandparents, so that they can’t turn it on through the app. If you use Alexa or Google Home, that would also allow you to turn the camera completely on/off with your voice, for example.

Guess overall sharing could be improved - just got 2 plugs setup, shared with wife and she got the plugs now but none of the schedules I setup for them nor the shortcuts. Seems counter intuitive that she could create her own schedule for a shared device. I guess shortcuts could be individual since she might want to trigger a lamp differently than me, but a schedule should at least show up on her app too. Or am I missing something?

In the event that one person in the household wants notifications and another only wants to monitor when they choose (no notifications), is there a way to set defaults like or silent/mute differently when having more than one device with the Wyze app installed? I noticed that when I change an app setting on one device, it updates/translates to the other on iphone-ipad. I have not yet tried on android.

Hi @comerad, I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

You can turn off notifications for the app itself on the phone. That’s how I had to do it for my wife. On iPhone go to settings, notifications, then Wyze and click off the “allow notifications” I have never found a way to do it in the app itself.

Jay Hill

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

The bell symbol on the wyze home page upper right is supposed to toggle all notifications on/off for all wyze items on that particular device. However, as of last app update, it seems like my wife no longer gets any notifications even with the bell symbol enabled. Haven’t checked her notifications in the phone settings - will later.

I will try updating the settings and/or use a different Wyze account to log in. I was using the same account for all. Thank you for the feedback!!

I would really like to share my cam but with no admin privileges… I would like to be able to share it but preventing the other person from changing the settings I have decided… For example, I don’t want them to put back the sound on or to turn off the cam … I am the owner and I would like to be the only one to be able to do it … Thanks for evaluating this option in future upgrades :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, we have multiple wyze cams set up yet when the main user shares the cams the individuals the cams are shared to cannot rewind. Is there a setting for this? Thank you in advance!