Motion sensor problem not logging

I’m not sure why it worked once because when I changed the battery no settings were changed. But I also deleted the motion sensor and re added it so the notification settings were all back to default. I don’t remember if I enabled the videos right after that

This worked for me. Alexa routine now triggers, and opening the door is getting logged. I didn’t assigned a camera to the sensor now, I’m happy with Alexa routine working for now.

1 Like

Thanks takis7 for figuring this out I believe this problem has been solved with a workaround. I will try to email wyze and let them know that they have a problem

1 Like

You can do a short cut in the app for the camera to record when triggered by a sensor and it will work without breaking alexa

2 Likes

Thanks for the workaround :+1:

That is pretty much what I did, and things got working again.

Yes interestingly, I was getting events sent to my phone, but not logged, and Alexa was not receiving. That phone notification told me the sensor battery wasn’t the cause.

One thing this has done for me is to make me look much closer at the Wyze App and its Rules. I kind of set up Alexa and figured it did everything, but it doesn’t and perfection if really a marriage of the features of Wyze that are not in Alexa and vice versa. For instance, I have been setting up lamp and smart bulbs, wishing that Alexa recognized when the light item was turned on. The status of lights is not shown in the logic set up of controls in Alexa. I wanted to know that it had been turned on by a family member, and then have it turn off an hour after they turned it on. Could not see how to get that in Alexa, but low and behold you can do it in Wyze App very easily.

But I am also looking hard at the flow of information through Wyze to Alexa and how to control it. And I now realize that you have to be careful of the instructions about turning off some feature, and determine if it is an Alexa item or Wyze App item that is to be turned off or on? People are often thinking too fast for those of us who just look at Wyze or Alexa and not the other.

Just chiming in to say I had the same experience, my logging stopped working around the 28th of December. I’ve diabled sensor videos to see if the workaround works for me, but ultimately I really like sensor videos because it makes it easier to spot real motion (I don’t like the on board motion detection, too many false alarms).

You can re enable the videos by using the shortcuts rule and it keeps working and the videos work

Yes, I have mine still working. Just checked, both sensors doing their job. I too like the little videos, I like the person detection, but would rather be able to control the frequency of messages and videos. I just checked my logging, it is ok. Doing the job.

I just activated the videos under my sensors, and they are working again.

1 Like