Missing option to set cool down on Cam Pan cameras (v2 and v3)

I have three cam pan cameras setup, two are v3 and the other is a v2. I have Can Plus enabled for all three and an SD card installed for continuous recording. I have event recording enabled for pets only and notifications enabled for the same. Unfortunately I cannot find an option to set a cooldown period for the event recording/notifications. As a result, as long as the cameras detect an animal moving, they send constant notifications. Is this a feature or a bug?

1 Like

There’s no way to set a cool down, but you should only receive a notification once for every event. If the events are really short, you will receive constant notifications. Try raising the sensitivity so the events continue, rather than stop and start a new one.

1 Like

That’s helpful, thank you! Instead of messing with it further, I just cancelled the cam plus subs on all cameras. Since I have SD cards installed, I can still access footage and get basic notifications. Not ideal, but better than the alternative.

1 Like

CamPlus Lite will work with the V3s and V2s. You can get person notifications with that with a free CamPlus Lite subscription.

1 Like

CamPlus Lite is NOT compatible with your two Cam Pan V3. It is compatible with your Cam Pan V2.

Missed the PanCam…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Putting the Cam Pan v2 on Cam Plus Lite would give that camera a 5 minute cool down between Event Video recordings.

Without the ability to set a custom cool down period, the Cam Plus subscription is not going to work for us. Adjusting motion sensitivity doesn’t help since it just causes the cameras to miss events. I decided to cancel the subscriptions for all cameras and, instead, I’m going to rely on SD cards for play back. We still get the alerts with a hard set 5 min cool down which is better than what was happening with the Cam Plus sub active. Hopefully wyze decides to add a custom cool down option for all cameras and services in the future.

1 Like