Major flaw in latest thermostat firmware 1.2.5 - It takes 2-3+ attempts to make any changes

I have been experiencing this issue for about a week or longer.

Log ID # 774568

@WyzeJasonJ

2 Likes

I’ve had this same issue for many revisions of firmware. However, the difference is mine is random in sometimes it works fine and maybe 25% of the time does this. When it does do it, it doesn’t always work on the 2nd try. I’ve also just let it sit and sometimes it will actually go to the change that I made but not always. Finally, mine won’t actually turn the HVAC on until the change sticks. I’m currently running 1.2.1. Next time it does it I will submit log.

4 Likes

I just want to make sure we are talking about the same issue. I know that typically, when you first initiate a temp change, it will not ‘stick’ unless you stay on that screen for a few seconds.

The issue I am seeing now after this latest fw update, is that even when turning the thermostat ON or OFF, it will literally revert back to its previous state first. Forcing me to tap the button again a second, or third time.

Same happens when switching from heat to cool, or tapping any of the buttons. This happens from Mac OSX, the iPhone, iPad, every device. Whatever button I tap on, it will revert back to whatever state it was in previously.

I’ve attached another video example. Just now when taking this video, I literally had to request the temperature change THREE times. Meanwhile, my HVAC kicked on during the first attempt. This is insane:

3 Likes

Yep, same issue here except my HVAC doesn’t kick on until the change “sticks” and it doesn’t have this behavior all the time and seems to be random when it decides to do it. Again, I’m still running 1.2.1. I have 2 thermostats for 2 zones and they both have this behavior. I was able to get one to do it last night so I did submit a log.

4 Likes

Happened to me too. And when you circle to the temperature and click on the top blank space above the number it resets too.

3 Likes

Today it seems like I need to make the selection at least three times. Trying to change the temperature is such a task now. Or doing ANYTHING! This is INSANE. Wyze, PLEASE!!! Fix this !!!

4 Likes

I have posted this bug for the fix it Friday call out .

Everyone who is experiencing this issue , please head on over their and vote on the comment so we can get Wyze to work on the bug and fix it .

Please follow this link and click on the heart icon and once it turns red , it means you’ve voted for it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree, major bug in 1.25 latest fw. AC is kicking in every few minutes. This is bad for compressor. I deleted and reset the device multiple times. Same results. I deleted the device from android app. Now is working normally in manual mode. Also when online the temperature was out of wack. VERY BAD FIRMWARE. WYZE PLEASE FIX THIS.

4 Likes

Done! Thanks !

3 Likes

Same here.

Since this firmware, my furnace fan was switching back and forth frequently until eventually it locked it into a permanent on state. The temperature would randomly be 57F or some other value instead of honoring schedule and temperature preferences too when I’d go into the app. I also experienced the delay/retry issues of values not being set.

This firmware is breaking homes whether it be the direct hardware or causing homes that are unattended to dip below or above intended temperatures (think freezing water lines or to a more extreme level - loss of life). This needs to be fixed ASAP. This isn’t a vote to fix it issue. At the minimum, an advisory needs to be sent out for liability purposes. I don’t expect Wyze to be covering any repair bills related, but I’m sure there will be some that do.

5 Likes

Last night the thermostat start kicking in the AC every 5 min or so. Temperature reading was out of wack. I believe that since WYSE sensor introduction and firmware updates the T-Stat thinks that he has sensors all around even if you do not have any. The code in FW is somehow out of wack with temperature reading and sensor averaging etc. I believe people are unaware about this and they will have damaged AC/Furnace soon.

WYSE PLEASE REVERT BACK TO 1.2.1 AND LET PEOPLE HAVE OPTION FOR A FW WITH OR WITHOUT SENSORS.

I REMOVED THE WYSE THERMOSTAT AND DUG OUT MY OLD DUMB THERMOSTAT. NOW IS BACK TO NORMAL

3 Likes

The newest beta app seams to have fixed this issue for me. Will keep testing to see longterm. But so far everytime ive changed the temp it has worked like its supposed to.

1 Like

How about the skewed temperature reading being out of whack and short heating/cooling cycles? This is a big concern. Other people experience T-stat overheating and messing up the temperature reading. I still believe that the sensor introduction messed up the thermostat.

Same issue here

1 Like

I have not experienced the short cycling or the unit overheating. Yet. But time will tell if it starts to act up. But latest beta app seams to have fixed the ability to chang temp setting issue.

Also I only have stand alone T-stat no extra room sensors. so that may change how mine is acting.

1 Like

I can gladly say that I have not experienced this issue whatsoever in the last week or so .

I have been checking on the device daily and attempting daily temperature changes and also changing modes to see if the action sticks and I haven’t ran into the issue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same. I stopped experiencing it since I gave up hope for a timely update and switched to a different thermostat. We already hit below freezing here and haven’t had much in the form of official messaging so it should be no surprise.

1 Like

Still the temperature showing is out of whack. I do temperature correction and still is randomly thinks is different. Is cycling the AC at 2-5 minutes interval. This is crazy. It worked very well until 1.2.5 The T-stat is at 90F temperature (housing). It seems to hot for a T-stat to function properly.
I am in balanced mode. Wyze should tell me (us) what is the best setup so the AC so it will not cycle so often. I give this another week before I throw it in the garbage. Very angry and pissed of customer after I believed in Wyze and stupid me got 3 T-Stats

I thought my furnace had an issue as it was short cycling. Switched thermostats, and now no problem. I’m getting very fed up with Wyze on numerous product fronts.

I am not even sure that WYZE take a look at this forum. The FW 1.2.5 is FLAWED. WYZE hear us and give us a choice to revert back to 1.2.1 and NO STUPID SENSORS OPTION. T- STAT now every 2 or 3 days goes off line. Only with power reset will reconnect. My network is NOT the problem.