Loud Noise on Cam Pan

Ticket number: 515310
Order number: 001535997

I purchased three cam pans, wyze sense, and SD card last week. I was excited to install them but unfortunately, 2 of 3 cam pans are making really loud noises, and according to this previous post (Loud noise from speaker Pan Cam), they need to be replaced.

Does this happen frequently or did I just get unlucky?

I also noticed that one of the door detectors has low battery… I love and support this company and hope this to get resolved quickly.

Thanks!
David

2 Likes

Buy door sensor if you’re talking about a contact sensor? All of their contact sensors in motion sensors get shipped with very cheap Chinese batteries that typically go dead fairly quickly. Most people on the forums here will tell you to replace them with a good lithium ion battery and you’ll be fine

Hello @davidjung90 and welcome to the community.

I see you have already contacted support which is a good thing but keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. How long ago did you contact them? If it was fairly recent I would give it some time for them to get back with you. Let me know if they get back to you so we know it is getting resolved and if they don’t let me know and I will try to give it a push.

2 Likes

I’ve been running the motion sensor in my mailbox for over a year on the original battery. Still going strong.

1 Like

Considering the heavy traffic that goes in and out my front door, the battery in the contact sensor still lasted 10 months. No complaints with mine at all. Replaced the old batteries with these here.

Energizer CR1632 3V Lithium Coin Battery (Pack of 5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U4O5SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_vT8IEb6VWGMW1

1 Like

Hello David. I have had mine for a couple weeks and has started to do that also. Very loud annoying sound. I though the garbage disposal was on… so ran upstairs to find the cam screeching. I unplugged it and it reset and began working again. This is the second time in 4 days this happened. I moved the device to monitor my dog and about freaked him out. I will put it down stairs with me while I am working and try to get more data like… unresponsive, not connected or something else. Then will reach out to Support. I have one other Cam Pan and it works fantastic. That is why I decided to get another one. What did Support recommend? Are you getting it replaced or resetting it to factor settings?

UPDATE: Looks like a defective CAM PAN. Wyze sent me another one and this one continues to restart but only with the microSD card installed. Of course that is not acceptable. Finally a solution for that. The fix was to re-install the latest firmware. After that… all is good!!!