Login and Event Video Service Outage - 8/28/19

I’ll get this information to the team. For people experiencing this, please contact our support team so we can collect data about the impact and the details of the problem for the devs.

Support Request Form

1 Like

Not sure when it hapend I just went to connect today because I was expecting a visitor and wanted to see when they got here and I just keep getting error 90 I tried re-installing the app and power cycling the cameras, its like its not even trying to connect gives error 90 basically instantly. When I try connecting with my amazon show it just says the camera is not responding.

one of my cameras won’t connect anymore, other two are acting wierd when watching live stream, like it’ll take 3-4 seconds to advance time by 1 second. Trying to view playback is impossible, if i can get the scroll bar to stay on the time i select, it never brings up that time at all. I am using the newest update, any idea when this will be fixed?

@Acalade, are you using Android or iOS?

Both you and @Notomo should probably contact our customer support team. We’re sorry for the trouble!

Support Request Form

I’m using android, and i have sent in a request to support.

1 Like

Thanks, Acalade! We appreciate it. What OS is your phone using?

I just sent one in was going to earlier and started it but didn’t have the time to fully fill it out, anyhow sent one in now I am using android version 2.5.30 I normally get events every day and I have not received any since the 28th

1 Like

Thank you, @Notomo. We’re sorry that’s happening and we look forward to getting that resolved for you.

Android 6.0.1

1 Like

Thank you kindly!

I was finally able to login to my account on the app and view my cameras. Every time I had been trying to login I was on a wifi network. I pay for data as I use it so I’m always on wifi when I use any sort of data. I decided to turn off wifi and used LTE and was able to login. After that initial login via LTE, I have been able to log out and then back in again via wifi as well. I had to connect my computer to my phones hotspot to get my bluestacks (emulated android) instance to work again as well. It was all weird, but I can view my cameras now.

2 Likes

StopICU33,
Thanks so much - got back my HD camera resolution and no issues at all now, that I can tell.
Maybe Wyze should hire YOU!! LOL!!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! That’s fantastic and glad to hear you are back in business. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Nicole from the design team at Wyze. We’re so sorry the new update has caused so much frustration. We are upset that it has been causing these problems as well. Your feedback is so helpful for us as we diligently work on a solution.

5 Likes

thanks @NicoleA its so refreshing to know that the voice of the masses is being heard. it’s just ONE of THE MANY things that sets Wyze apart.

4 Likes

Thank you @Bam. That just made my day!

3 Likes

(iOS, current) My Pan camera has been absolutely useless since the update. It won’t stay online, no matter how many reboots or even reinstalls from scratch. Support isn’t going to be able to troubleshoot it via hardware it’s clearly the fault of that last update, which clearly wasn’t fully tested before it was pushed out.
Here’s the thing: If these products are being marketed as “toys” then I’d expect this kind of stuff to happen & drag on for too long. But they’re not. And if I’m supposed to use these in a serious manner (which I do, these are security cameras for a business) then I expect if there’s an issue, for a fix to be pushed out not in a week or three, but in a day or two. Because useless cameras are no bueno & it’s My Problem until they’re fixed-or conversely My Fault for trusting a startup with security hardware. (Blood sugar level dependent) :slightly_smiling_face:

Well you are correct they are not marketed as ‘toys’, but they are also not marketed as ‘security’, they are marketed as smart cameras.

Hi all, thanks for all the great feedback and sorry for the issues with the new app. We’re working hard for solutions but in the meantime, if you’re having significant trouble with Android 2.5 version, we have V2.4.82 APK available for download through our website here.

5 Likes

Thanks, WyzeLi! Rolling back to the app version you provided resolved all functionality problems for the six Pan Cams I use. No more connectivity issues or extreme camera lag when responding to movement commands.

Looks like the new app version missed some serious bugs during Q/A?

2 Likes