Loads of stuff suddenly not working in Wyze app!

Will Wyze be back up today?
What a mess❗

Wonder if they will consider having a backup cloud service after this?

I’m getting notifications from cameras that show as Offline and can’t turn on the cameras that are showing as online.

Bizarro World!!

I had my wyze camera turned off, with the wide spread outage, if I am trying to turn them on remotely, are others also getting error code 90?

It’s amazing !!

I depend on Amazon Servers,
that sit on the west coast
3000 miles away from where I live,
to turn on my Christmas lights, and Security Monitoring of my home.

I guess I should also start monitoring
West Coast Earth Quake reports on a daily basis.

So much for Cloud Service Providers
Providing redundancy

1 Like

Only cameras that were on at my house when outage started are showing in the app. All cameras that were off at time outage started are offline, as are smart plugs, sensors, and 1 of 3 bulbs I have.

I can access my camera and they are recording to the mem card,
but all cloud services & notifications kaput, on Wyze cam, plug, and outlets.

You mean you’re not enjoying a dark house?

Not much changed here in Atlanta. Bulbs, plugs, etc still down. Outdoor cam and lock still working. Got email from Wyze saying to control HMS via pad, and that it will still arm and call monitoring service, so that’s reassuring.

Current AWS map:

1 Like

Same here in northern NJ

only 1 camera of 4 is connected to the cloud,
everything else is down, power plugs too for some hours.

Using candles around the holidays
Makes it feel like a 1790’s Christmas
:joy:

2 Likes

It takes a long time for all the triggers that have backed up to clear … I still have other IoT devices that aren’t functioning… like a ring video doorbell and some other smart bulbs They all rely on AWS…

The last time this happened it took about 4 hours for everything to finally settle back to normal…

But it seems to be happening more and more to Amazon’s AWS service

1 Like

True. I have my cameras for security purposes. Not having access to the functions I purchased the cameras for compromises my family’s security.

2 Likes

Same Problem. Everything not Wyze is just fine on the Wi-Fi. Cameras, plugs, bulbs not communicating.

My Philips Hue bulbs and Amazon plug are working via the Alexa app, but not Wyze light and power. I was able to reconnect the Wyze app to Alexa. I had disabled before knowing what was going on.

V3 is the only cam showing off line and is the only cam with +. It works in live view and is recording cloud events but still shows off line. I have not power cycled it and don’t plan to yet since it is working.

Same here in Los Angeles. The Wyze app doesn’t work. Can not turn On or Off the devices. When you turn them off or On then refresh the app they turn back On/Off by itself. Reset and reconnect the devices are all fine but the app can not control the devices.

This is an example of why I am against the mandatory use of cloud computing. All software and services, once properly licensed of keyed, should be local on the desktop/laptop/tablet. Otherwise; someone else’s technical problems create a problem for me. Cloud services should be optional for users. Think about it, someone could intentionally sabotage web hosting services, or phoneline internet service, knowing that thousands of security cameras and security applications will go dead. Cloud services should be for backup; not for primary function.

1 Like

NOW, almost 8 hours later, Wyze finally sends me a notification that they’re having a problem??? This is beyond aggravating.

1 Like

Associating Wyze Cams with Security is not a good idea, even Wyze thinks so… Read their Term of Service.

Wyze Cams are not Security Cameras

Would love a notification within the app. I haven’t seen anything from them and was about to reset all my cameras until I came over here to the forum.

2 Likes