Light turns on when in proximity

I live in an apartment and wonder if a Wyze lightbulb can turn on before I enter the apt when it senses my phone outside the door? The light is within five feet of the front door.

There is no built in proximity sensor, but if you load an app called Life360 on your phone and set your house up as a place in it you can then use IFTTT to trigger the light when your phone is in proximity of your house.

3 Likes

@ronkavanaugh You can use the Wyze app to turn on the bulb manually or setup a schedule for the bulb to turn on. I have my bulbs setup on a schedule to turn at a set time and turn off at a set time.

2 Likes

A contact sensor on your door , set up with a bulb will turn the light on as soon as you open the door , mine works perfect and because of the fact that it is dark in my entryway it is good that it always comes on even during the day.
I think You can also use IFTTT to trigger the light on when your phone connects to your home Wi-Fi

3 Likes

A Wyze motion sensor will do this. You approach, the light lights. Has nothing to do with your phone, just your body heat. Plus is – as anyone approaches, the light discourages them.

4 Likes

Hi all, thanks for your generosity. I ordered the Wyze lightbulb, and it looks like IFTTT has an excellent solution. Best.

4 Likes