Landscape View For Tablets

Somebody that cares to do a search to see if Gwendolyn is still around. She hasn’t posted on this forum in like 6-9 months. If she hasn’t posted on any of the other threads she’s probably just canon fodder at this point. And an example of the direction the company is going. They start getting rid of their techs who are the front line to customers proves that Wyze has no idea what its customers want. Which would explain why they aren’t doing anything about the app.I would still assume that hardware is the profit center, the app/software is the cost center. They’re not going to invest any money in the app. They’re waiting to be bought out based on their intellectual property and their user list. Like the paid service customers.

1 Like

I desire this capability as well. I cant speak to any of WYZE’s operational processes other than what I deduce from being a forum member but, They are still around, just posted 5 hours ago.

If you look at the wish list, generated by WYZE customers, and sort by votes, this customer request unfortunately is lacking customer support with less than 500 votes. Dark Mode has more votes than this request. This request isn’t even on the “roadmap” its a wish list item.

Being able to view WYZE devices in a web browser is the most voted on in the roadmap thread and just recently got some attention again.

More votes may get this promoted to the roadmap?

2 Likes

Maybe. But historically any correlation between the wish list and what Wyze does has seemed entirely coincidental.

1 Like

Are there so many people asking for a toothbrush over landscape?

5 Likes

:man_shrugging: I suggested an impact massager above to work out the neck kinks.

1 Like

So that means we can expect Wyze to start selling impact massagers rather than fix basic UX/UI features for its cameras.

1 Like

Does the lack of a proper Landscape aware Wyze App on the iPad and Android Tablets affect any other Wyze Products other than the Cams? I don’t own anything but WOCs, V3’s and the Doorbell Cam.

Please let me know if this landscape issue is more than just the Camera’s that suffer this stupidity.

SJ

Posted: 06-10-2021

952 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App
952 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

VOTE to fix Wyze app landscape issue:
Landscape View For Tablets

Found this in the Popular Links associated with the Never Ending Story called “Landscape Mode for Tablets,” there’s some fairly good advice that apple provides when creating apps for use with Iphones and iPads, it appears to me that no one at Wyze has read this document, when they were creating the Wyze App that would run in Landscape Mode on iPads and iPhones

SJ

Posted: 06-10-2021

952 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App
952 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

VOTE! to fix Wyze app landscape issue:

The ‘landscape’ issue that is so long standing is not about the hardware, cameras,vacuums,headphones or any other product.

It is about the inability of the Wyze program, the application itself not re-orientating to utilize the landscape mode in the tablets… To view the app correctly, you have to rotate the tablet to portrait mode.

All the other apps that I have for my iPad, automatically display correctly whether in portrait or landscape Mode. That’s it in a nutshell

2 Likes

Totally agree.
I am getting feeling that the Wyze team just does not care. So i glad i only invested in one outdoor cam bundle. I have Arlo cams that are old and weathered. When ready to replace them, I am considering the Eufys. I am also not making any other wyze purchase until wzye fixes this.

2 Likes

Same here. So far my Eufy 2K seems to be working fine. And unlike the Wyze app, the Eufy camera app has landscape mode in both my phone and tablet.

For me, Wyze has a very short timeframe to get its act together and start listening to very annoyed customers. Once I start buying Eufy cameras (very soon) because Wyze refuses to fix very basic problems, I won’t go back to Wyze cams.

2 Likes

Fwiw … I just counted and as of today, I have 85-90 apps installed on my old iPad Pro 9.7. There are 4 that only support portrait view or are iPhone apps that can run on either an iPad or iPhone. They are: Wyze, Wemo, SmartHQ (for my GE washer & dryer), and US Bank. I remember deleting Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and Smashburger because they were iPhone apps.

1 Like

Came here wondering why there is no landscape mode on my iPad and this entire thread cracked me up. Oh Wyze…who knew you could be so silly. Since they completely gave up on Homekit compatibility for their cameras making their app work in landscape mode would be great…but…you know…money.

3 Likes

Time to switch to Eufy 2K cameras.

2 Likes

I use a wall-mounted tablet for my home (secondary) control center as well as my phone for my primary. I just wanted to know if the programmers could give the home screen for the cams the ability to turn and be in a landscape mode?

1 Like

I couldn’t find a similar post for the landscape mode. But thanks for merging it so we didn’t have too much clutter of same things.

1 Like

I see that landscape mode isn’t available because it would confuse some customers. Couldn’t you just make it an option to turn on and off in the settings?

1 Like

I don’t know where you saw that, but landscape mode in the Wyze app wouldn’t be anymore confusing for customers than the thousands of apps that have that very simple feature.

2 Likes

I dont know how it would confusing.
But NOT having landscape mode is beyond fraustrating!

3 Likes

It says it in here.

1 Like