It's been fun but

Lack of HomeKit support after YEARS and many new products sealed the exit for many … a few more of us are at the door almost out

2 Likes

Not really … desensitization results and no notice registers any longer when they are false flag wolf stories time and time again

Exactly, then you turn it off. How useful is that?

1 Like

Yepper! BUT the person thing…not so much! But I do have a lot of headlight shots
LOL

3 Likes

@angus.black, and I appreciate that. Keeping me honest! :slight_smile:

@hairsarenumbered, I truly admit that at the price point, you are getting above and beyond what you pay for. And as far as things like the sensitivity of detection alerts and the inability to be integrated into HomeKit, well, those things take many hours of additional development time. Maybe they will come with time, maybe they won’t. By far the biggest increase in revenue is sales of new products and services. Going forward, maybe you’ll see this on a new product. Maybe you won’t. In either regard, detection can be a massive PITA. Although I empathize with you, I was more hopeful with the Sense kit. Although my sensors are stable at the moment, it’s certainly been a journey with them. Lots of reading and trial and error. Not to mention that we still can’t purchase individual sensors yet, just another kit (if you can find it on the site outside of the home bundle?). Either way, I rely on the physical portion of my notifications rather than the hypothetical ones (motion/person detection). Outside of the physical protection, the rest is modern novelty created in our minds of catching a porch pirate or potential other circumstances. At least IMO.

2 Likes

Agreed lol

Looks very promising! Thank you!

Sounds like some people are no happy with wyze. I’m still happy with my wyze products. Though things probably could be better.

The push to get everyone onto cam plus I can understand from Wyze’s standpoint. Selling a service making the development and support costs easier to maintain. And the transfer to that type of revenue model can be a struggle. I’ve been part of a few startups that have had this very issue. Growing pains… I hear ya.

I do have features requests that I would like to see completed. (Please support FTP!?! :slight_smile: ) But overall I’m still more happy then not. Let’s remember the price points that these products are coming in at.

I think I’ll still be recommending wyze products.

I am going to jump in here. I have recommended this company to a lot of people and I have the cameras, the vacuum, headphones, plugs and bulb. But the lack of customer service is horrifying. Some people are okay with that, I am not. But what bothers me more than anything is the volume of products, some which work well and others that just don’t. Plus the lack of backward capability (sensors!). I will likely be severing ties as well as soon as I get my V3 which still hasn’t come. I want to trust the thermostats and the alarms, but I really can’t. In the end you get what you pay for as my wife always says. I love you Wyze but am very fearful you don’t love me back.

3 Likes

@cvalis you are resonating with my sentiments exactly. It’s not that I don’t like/love my Wyze products, it’s more the mass push to produce revenue streams and expand without resolving some of the understated functional bottlenecks that their users have brought up for years. I get the need or want to drive forward with innovation. But many of us here have stated that if it took an extra $1 at production or development, then I’d be happy to pay $10 or more for the benefit of resolving some of the user-reported issues to feature requests.

Again, I do not have a degree in economics. The cost and effect comparison given is loose at best and meant to demonstrate the relational cause/effect of building a quality product based on consumer feedback and cost. Not meant to be flamed on. :wink:

2 Likes

This is my opinion.
I am going to be bold and call myself somewhat of a Wyze cam user expert and a somewhat experienceed user of various other Wyze products. I’ve been into Wyze from the beginning and use 13 cameras and all the other Stuff that’s related. That’s why I call myself an expert. I think I have as much Wyze experience as most.

WYZE cams are cheap Chinese junk, but serve a purpose. Simarlly, if you shop at the Dollar Store you know what quality and service to expect.

I had unrealistic expectations when I first got into Wyze, the camera company. Thinking I found a solution to my makeshift security needs. I actually did for a while, until they turned into the Dollar Store with all their cheap knockoff products and spread themselves so thin. I would of had more respect for Wyze if they would have developed a dealership relation with all their knockoff product owners, and peddled their goods at a slight discount.

But Wyze is smart. They let us pay for their R&D and start-up through their Early Access Program, product after product.

So my recommendation, regarding Wyze, is to proceed with caution when buying and using their products… because, like any company that grows too big too fast, with customer service problems, they can’t last, and will fail. And we’re seeing that now with lack of product and service. These comments are just my opinion.

9 Likes

I tend to agree, I got sucked in. Spent my own money to be a tester - to my detriment.

1 Like

Wish I could understand your RTSP firmware vocabulary. Bought to many of these camera to replace them. To bad because the systemed worked so well in the beginning. I wish I could cut ties too. Or get this firmware you are talking about.

I love the fact when you open or shut a door or window sensor u may get notified an hour later… This may not be the right place to post this… I also I’m from the biginning with wyze… I have all my paper badges… Lol… I don’t feel the same love like from the beginning… I’m still waiting for the watch… But I don’t think I’ll will be making anymore purchases… Just my opinion… Have a great day and be safe.

@SDFLIPFLOPS

Here is the Wyze Page on RTSP:

Note that unlike ONVIF, you won’t be able to use Pan functionality if you use the WyzeCam Pan,

Same. I’m also in Illinois and it’s been below 0 and they still function great. I finally had to recharge two of the camera’s after 4 months.

EuropeanUser
Note that unlike ONVIF, you won’t be able to use Pan functionality if you use the WyzeCam Pan,

I didn’t see anything in that article about Pan not working with that firmware? -Bill

Couldn’t agree more with every single point

@BigBillSD

RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) only delivers a continuous live video and audio stream.

It means you can still control the Pan functionality through the Wyze App but not from other software for example those with your NAS.

Here are the specs: RFC 2326: Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

I should have been clearer in my previous post.

1 Like

To be clear on my end, I don’t have a Pan. Knowing that I never really considered ONVIF as RTSP was a bit lighter weight. In my setup, I was intending to have the stream captured at a local NAS where it can then be served (even live) by the NAS.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that there are options here. That’s not what my reply here was about. Just putting it out there that I have experimented previously with this.