iOS App 2.24.36, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam v2, Pan, and Outdoor Firmware Released - 9/8/21

So here is another option you might want to add…

I’ve been working on my parents cam pans. 3 of the 6 I’ve already upgraded declared failed installations. However, viewing device info on each of these 3 purported failures shows the updated firmware level of v4.10.7.1068. All 3 appear to be working fine.

One of them also took so long to complete the update that it actually showed offline for awhile. Eventually, it came back into operation at the latest firmware level.

2 Likes

I have experienced IE

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

I would even create a bifurcated sub-category of IIA/IRR (Inconsistent Idiosyncratic Application & Inaccurate Result Reporting). All of which could potentially be better than ERR/OR… :wink:

1 Like

So glad I no longer do updates from Wyze on my camera’s as once again their firmware tanked other camera’s like it did one of mine a few months back that took days of emails and instructions to do stupid crap over and over again. They reluctantly, finally replace my Pan camera as if doing me a favor because it was out of warranty. So no more updates on any of my units.

I was that way for 2.5 years on the cam pan. Earlier this year, they forced everyone to upgrade the app which I had also frozen @ v2.6.42. The newer app CONSTANTLY NAGS about very old firmware. Luckily, the previous .798 firmware has been the first to install cleanly and NOT break motion-based recording for me. Sorry 4 your troubles… I can totally relate!

Reformatting SD cards in the camera sometimes reported ‘failed’ while apparently having succeeded. Closing and restarting the app would reveal SD card utilization to be 0% (empty due to format.)

Seems to me there is at least one more situation like that.

Agreed. SD cards have been problematic for me prior to 798 firmware. I’ve tried several of them this year and always had to do the physical revert via SD card. The really odd thing is that all of my footage was there upon reversion. But the faulty firmwares thought my SD card was blank.

Furthermore, upon installing the 798 firmware, initially my SD card was showing offline, but after several minutes it became visible with no footage loss.

I’ve been having a issue with my v3 camera I reported the problem to wyze they said it will be fixed in the next app update it’s been 10 days. When zooming the picture is very stretched and distorted. I seen there was firmware update for v2 and pan but not for v3. I just want my camera to work like it did out of the box. Can someone get this update to happen quickly I’d like to use my camera the way it supposed to.

Welcome to the community @Phil21 . I am a community member as well, but have signed up for beta testing of the apps and firmware.

I can assure you that Wyze is working on a fix for this. If it proves to be a huge issue for you, and you are comfortable flashing your cameras, you can flash the Firmware back to a previous edition,

Here are the steps on how to do this:

In the meantime , if you simply use landscape view when you zoom in it will not be stretched at least it is not for me.
In portrait view when zooming in, it is stretched and distorted for me. on my v3 cameras, my V2 cameras are not affected by this issue
I am using android App version 2.24.23

2 Likes

Where the bug reports should go?
With new update on cam 3, the I lose the picture aspect ratio when I zooming. Not seen on landscape /full-screen mode.
Phone is MI Poco X3 M2007J20CG
Android 10 QKQ1.200512.002 Kernel 4.14.117-perf-ga33e5a0
MIUI Global 12.0.1

1 Like

This is a good place for the bug report.

2 Likes

Ok, it’s been a week. @UserCustomerGwen, any update on this issue? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

I have not heard any updates yet, I just know they are working on it.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Seems like Wyze isn’t communicating as often with us as it used to. Bricking so many WCOs and Bases seems like a pretty serious problem. Hard to believe it slipped through the Alpha and Beta groups.

Wasn’t the problem WCO and Base firmware a PUBLIC release? I mean, it was announced in the WYZE NEWS UPDATE area … not the beta group. I assumed it had already cleared the Beta group before being widely released. Or is Wyze now considering all forum users Beta users?

1 Like

My comment was to muerte33 in reference to sync time failure on Pan and v2 cams:

2021Sep29th My V2 Sync was not working on f/w ver 4.9.6.241 and still not working on 4.9.7.1068, Android phone.

@UserCustomerGwen My base station is yellow light bricked, was the issue resolved?

This happened to me today when I tried to update firmware, firmware failed and now the base station only shows a yellow light, is there anything I can do?

v2 sync fix is in beta testing… firmware 4.9.8.352 and later. Coming soon to a production build.

1 Like