Introducing Wyze Buds Pro - 5/11/21

Are you able to use both earbuds independently or is one the dominant and the other can’t be used without the first? I’ve bought almost everything that Wyze has put out since the beginning, is there a name for us groupies? (WyzeGyze, WyzeHeadz, WyzeCracz…)

2 Likes

I just compared the published stats of these to the published stats of the brand new “Echo Buds” 2nd gen that Amazon just sent me an ad for and I would much rather have Wyze’s buds pro here, even if price wasn’t an issue. Check this out:

• Regular Price Echo Buds = $119.99 (currently $99.99) vs Wyze $59.99 = WYZE WINS
  • Both have ANC, but Wyze has transparency mode = WYZE WINS
  • Battery, Echo Buds do 5 hrs playback per charge, and 15hrs with case (19.5hrs if ANC and Alexa are disabled); Wyze does 6hrs playback with up to 18hrs (24 hrs with ANC off) = WYZE WINS
    • Though to be fair, Echo Buds 15 min fast charge does 2hrs instead of just 1hr, so that is 1 point to Echo Buds
  • Both have Alexa and allow other assistants too.
  • Both promise not to sell your personal data
  • Both have 3 microphones per device
  • Both have a high-performance driver - EDIT: But as @Seapup points out below, Echo buds’ driver is only 5.7mm and Wyze Buds Pro is 10mm! and still has more battery life. WYZE WINS here too!
  • Wyze’s case is smaller all around, so fits in pockets better = WYZE WINS
  • Wyze’s case can be charged wirelessly, which means I can use my Pixel 5 to charge it too = WYZE WINS
  • Both are IPx4 (protects from sweat, dripping water, or light “water splashing from any angle” (but not water jets, heavy seas, submersion, etc)
  • Echo buds do not specify ANC DB reduction, but it needs to be clarified for everyone in here thinking you can use ANC to suppress ear damage from things like gunfire, you can’t use earbuds for that. ANC is not noise suppression and doesn’t protect hearing that way. It is noise CANCELATION. Loud noises, especially those that create high-pressure sound waves, such as from a gun (or something over 160 db pressure) will go right past ANC and rupture your eardrums or cause hearing loss. You would instead wear these underneath over-the-ear ear protection to listen to music or something. Please be safe and understand the difference here.
  • Echo buds come with 6 months of Audible plus for free. That’s a bonus.
  • Wyze has other features not mentioned as included with Amazon’s (auto-pause, etc)

Overall: Wyze is the winner IMO even without considering that it is half the cost of Amazon’s regular price. Honestly, it’s basically a no-brainer when you do a real comparison.

11 Likes

Wyze Buds Pro - 10 mm dynamic driver :+1:
Echo Buds (2nd Gen) - 5.7 mm dynamic driver :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Oh, good catch! I overlooked that for some reason. That makes Wyze a big win here too! (updated that clause with giving you credit for catching my oversight)

1 Like

I’ll tell you if performance matches. I preorder a pair of the new echo buds too. They arrive tomorrow. Will probably be a few months before we get the WBUDS.

And this is just my “Bud Opinion”. 1 point for the echo buds gen2… nothing hangs out of your ear. Never been a fan of that style so it’s a personal point. But willing to give them a go in the name of WYZE😀

2 Likes

The earbuds might be great. But when I get a notification from my doorbell camera that someone is on my porch and then get a pop-up ad for these ear buds in front of the doorbell video and I have to clear the pop-up before I can see the video I’m not happy. Pop-up ads that I have to clear before going where I want suck and stink in general, but it’s really wrong here. If your products are worthwhile you don’t need to use extremely annoying pop-up ads to sell them. Stop it!

2 Likes

In WYZE app:

Go to account, Notifications, In-App Notifications, toggle off.

2 Likes

Nice side by side comparison with the Echos!

EarFun Air Pros are a similar price to Wyze and with, from what I can tell, nearly identical specs (save for wireless charging).

Has anyone else compared Wyze to EarFun and found any significant differences?

Yeah, I don’t like the look as much either when it comes to general earbuds design, but having had several different kinds of earbuds, I found there are 2 things I do like about the hanging bar design:

1. It is more useful in some ways. You can actually grab something without risking your audio getting all screwy on accident sometimes. On earbuds without the little bar, I have to grab the earbuds and my finger sometimes ends up touching the touch-sensitive buttons on them and screwing around with the audio, maybe unpausing my audiobook without me noticing, or skipping chapters or whatever else. Drives me crazy, because I can only grab the bud and half of it is touch sensitive on most earbuds and it is hard to remove the buds without triggering buttons. That’s really annoying on lots of buds without a bar on them.
  2. According to the pictures Wyze shows, one of the mics shows to be pointing right at your mouth and closer to your mouth and the sound you want being picked up while talking…in general, buds with this probably usually have things much more clear than on other buds without the bar. It makes it easier/possible for the system to figure out what is you talking (isolate and send only that sound) and other sounds they should all mute (while non-bar buds would have all 3 microphones right next to each other basically taking in all the same things close to each other making most of the extra mics pointless).

So I totally agree with you about the LOOK of the bar not being as good looking as a general rule when it comes to earbuds (and I’ve had both types), but I do think the bar is more practical and on buds that have them it often reduces my frustration and annoyance and I think it gives me better quality sound overall (especially for phone calls). But for some reason everyone thinks the bar style on ear buds LOOKS cool now just because Apple did it. I personally think it usually doesn’t look as good, but when the bar is there I am happy to have something to grab without screwing up my audiobooks when I take out the earbuds, or having to be extremely careful and barely grab the things when I take those kind of buds out of my ear. That gets annoying…this style with the bar will solve that, and these are black instead of white, so that’s a bigger bonus.

Of course this is just a general observation about the 2 styles of buds in general.

2 Likes

Wish it doesn’t have those two vertical “stick” … that’s why I don’t have the airpods … They look so ugly.

Have a look , They look like this

Quick question about the Wyze Buds. I have not been able to use any kind of earbuds with silicone tips over the years because of an allergic reaction within minutes of putting them in. Is Wyze planning to offer foam tips, or perhaps link to a generic brand that is compatible with the Wyze Buds? I have the Wyze Headphones and they are awesome, so I’m definitely interested in the Buds.

1 Like

I have the AirPod Pro’s. Those things would not stay in my ears. I have no problems with my Orignal AirPod’s staying in my ears. In fact, I ended up losing one of the silicone tips.

I ended up getting the foam-type tips. I can roll the tip with my finger to make it smaller and then put it into my ear enough and let them expand and fit tighter. They work much better. Still not perfect, but much better.

I had these other little things that slipped over the AirPod Pro’s which had this little arm sticking out. When I put it into my ear it would basically lock it into place. It really worked well. The problem was that it wouldn’t fit in the charging case with them on. That meant taking them on and off all the time and that was just really annoying.

Maybe there will be 3rd party options for Wyze also?

I did. It has the “sticks”. I don’t want those. which is why I owned ones without them.

Same question: original Wyze product or a rebranded Xiaomi (which I like by the way)?

Is this safe to use for shooting or hunting?

From at @carverofchoice

4 Likes

Thanks

Richie Manrique III

1 Like

What size/style eartips does this use? Are there any plans to release additional tips like noise isolating memory foam tips?

1 Like