Installing WYZE Cam outside - one approach

Check out this close up especially the right side of picture

Mounting

@BinB1954 's question is referring to a post by @spoofer98. I don’t see where he is referring to you.

Here is the product from Amazon, but it appears it’s no longer available. Sorry link is broken.

1 Like

Here’s the box from Amazon.

Thanks for the compliments. I did angle some small holes to assist in cooling too.

1 Like

Thanks @spoofer98 for responding with the information. There is one last question.

Did you just use the cap screw that came with the LINKPAL or did you do anything special to secure the mount inside the junction box?

eBay may have it though

There are others on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Security-Mount-Indoor-Outdoor-Surveillance/dp/B07MH7F6Z2/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=camera+mount&qid=1598810289&sr=8-17

2 Likes

I would add to the discussion concerning this enclosure

the small round hole below the larger lens hole is not necessary (the small black disc is non-functional).
Also if the V2’s IR lights are turned off you may not need to cut a lens hole in the enclosure. Of course, adding a layer of material for the image to pass-through will dim it some amount.
Victor Maletic

2 Likes

I told him that right after he posted the pics.

The little black hole is for the military “BETA” version. Battlefield Exploitation Target Acquisition.

1 Like

This one is much better than the hard plastic box previously mentioned.

Now that you mentioned it, I recall that. When I looked up and down the post to see if it was mentioned, I didn’t find it. I didn’t look far enough. The non-funtionality of the small black disk has been mentioned several times in the past in regard to paint, coverings and disguises. From your posts your range of expertise is greator than mine and I learn from it.
Victor Maletic

Got a question for ya Blackie, if you wanted to just use the
WCO for live viewing and hide it in a cardboard box, how big would the pin hole need to be (camera will be touching cardboard… I am thinking about 1/8th inch

Hello Big_monkey
You did not ask me but I would like to offer the following thought, Since the WCO is not a pinhole camera but a lens camera, the hole in the would need to be greater than the camera’s lens’s diameter. Here is how much greater, someone can correct me If I am wrong, Diameter of cardboard lens hole would be equal to CLD + 2xTxTAN(55°)
Where:
CLD = Camera Lens Diameter inch
T = Thickness of cardboard inch
TAN(55°) = 1.428… unitless
The 55° comes from the camera’s field of view angle given in the specs divided by 2. 110°/2 = 55°
Also, if the face of the lens is not flush with the front face of the camera’s housing it would have to be accounted for.
However, the easiest way would be to experiment by making a hole in a piece of cardboard and see what you see.
Victor Maletic.

1 Like

Hey Victor, no problem with you charming in, but not being a math expert or even an amateur I looked at your formula and assumed it had to be correct.

I also figured out that your very last suggestion is the one that I will take I have a problem I’m trying to discover the source of and that’s the reason for the question thank you I do appreciate your advice and your help

You are welcome Big_monkey, however, what do you mean by the above part of your reply?

I just looked and it appears I overdosed my meds… Sorry :rofl: :skull_and_crossbones:

I got 2 cams when I bought 2 of my echo show devices, and I used one outside my garage door, but I just put it by screwing it directly on my ceiling…

The cam:

The cam captures:

Edit: added cam captures…

3 Likes

Nice job, good pictures.

1 Like

The Wyze Cam is rated to work at 32F (0 Celsius). Our temperature can go down-20 or more. Are these cameras going to work then ?