IMPORTANT FIRMWARE UPDATE: Wyze Robot Vacuum 1.6.97 and Wyze Plug 1.2.0.76 Released - 1/18/21

Did some more poking around, and found when I enter the map editor it showed me the map. Made a change in the map editor, saved it, then had to exit the vacuum in the app, and then upon going in again it showed the map. Not sure what happened

Wyze Android app version 2.16.55 Robot Vacuum firmware at 1.6.97 but vacuum went offline yesterday and still cannot connect to the internet. Despite the service update that the issue was fixed with AWS I still cannot connect my vacuum to the internet.

still bricked for me with flashing lights. come one wyze, i got an answer yesterday from support that u r aware of issues, but its time to give some sort of update.

Just added the vacuum using a different name and it connected and paired to my app, It even kept the map and I am now running an area cleaning to test it and all seems to be ok for now. Try adding it again and see if that solves your issue too.

TY. i just deleted it and went for new setup. it failed at network connecting as usual but this time connect again worked so i also have it working again and my map is back. charging and then will test too

Just completed my test area cleaning and vacuum returned to charging station all seems ok so far.

There is still a major issue with the mapping.

Once you map your house (which for me takes 5-6 hours with multiple recharges)…that it! Don’t move any furniture! If you do, the unit will not clean that area, and in fact, it gets confused and stops cleaning the room altogether.
What is needed is for the software to acknowledge that furniture has been moved and then remap the room on the fly. Clean the area where the furniture WAS…and recognize where the furniture now IS.
If it cannot do the remapping on the fly, the. A feature should be added to REMAP BY ROOM, instead of WHOLE HOUSE!
Occasionally you want to clean under an ottoman or chair. You should be able to move them and have confidence that the vacuum will recognize the map has changed and adjust accordingly.
I am tired of having to remap the whole damn house!!!

Had the same thing happen to me today. Logged in to start a cleaning session and it showed that there wasn’t a map available and offered to do a “quick map”. I decided to poke around a little and went into the map editor and it showed the full map so I knew it hadn’t lost it. I decided to try the quick map anyway since I’ve never used this function. It starting mapping the house crooked as it has in the past but I let it run for 7 minutes to watch what it was doing. They have a good idea here as the vacuum consumes very little power in this mode and is super quiet (power level at 99% after 7 min). However, the map was still super crooked and so I stopped the mapping via the app and sent it back to base. Once it docked the app had a pop up that said it found a difference in the map or something to the effect of “new map features found do you want to add” and I clicked cancel. Once I did that, my original “good” map showed back up and I was able to push my cleaning session as originally intended.

Thanks for the input. My issue is twofold.

1. I have a mobile desk in one of the bedrooms. When the vacuum originally mapped the house, this desk was on one wall. Since then, the desk has been moved. The map still shows the desk on the original wall, attempts to clean around something that isn’t there, gets confused and eventually says, screw it, I’m going to say the cleaning is done and go back to charge. The room now has half the parameter cleaned…nothing else.

2. I have a large double ottoman in the den. When the vacuum originally mapped the house, it recognized it as a huge extension to the couch where it typically resides. Occasionally, I would like to clean behind and beneath it. If I move the ottoman, the vacuum doesn’t acknowledge that it is no longer in the original space, and again, gets confused and returns to base without cleaning any of the room.

Both of these issues are silly…especially knowing that if I do a Map Reset, it takes 5-6 hours with multiple recharges. I shouldn’t have to do this every time I move a desk or want to clean dog hair from behind the ottoman.

I am relatively adept at finding work arounds…but I am reluctant to continue doing Map Resets.

I would love to do a partial Map Reset, but I haven’t seen this feature pop up anywhere. Can you give me guidance?

Sorry for the excessive wind…but I am frustrated and no where to turn.

Thanks,

gary

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

What’s the difference between the non-key plugs and the plugs with the key?

you were able to get it to say that it reset wifi? I have a pulsing white light but if I hold the two buttons nothing happens anymore.

hold in power button to shut down vacuum. then hold in and power up. it will be blinking the power and home button in white. i deleted out of app. then i added new device. step 2 of adding is to hold in home and power button until it says wireless reset or something like that. then i clicked next. app had me connect my phone to the vacuum wifi (wcr something i think) and then next page was to connect it to the network. it failed for some network slowness or something other reason (total bs) and today when i hit try again or connect again (i forget what it says) then it did connect. and my map was still there in the app with the walls i built and everything. i hope this works for you!!!

yeah, unfortunately, the vacuum no longer responds to the action of pressing and holding the 2 buttons until it says wireless reset. it does nothing, which is why I am almost positive now that the firmware update failed somehow and bricked the device. factory reset (hold home for 5 sec, release, hold home for 5 sec again) also does nothing, which is crazy given that it should be the failsafe against a failed firmware update, but here we are.

sorry to hear that. i opened a case with the app on my phone yesterday and heard back in 30 min so they were pretty good with that. i guess thats ur last recourse now.

As far as I know just the way they do setup in the app

Love the room editing. Love. It.

1 Like

@gszuch any luck with getting it working again? Support so far has responded to my ticket one time, then I replied telling them all the things I’ve already done, and no replies from them for 2 days now…

Just found this thread. I am having the same problems! Worked fine before firmware update, now it’s a brick. No luck with support either.

Wyze support? What is that?
Is there such a thing? Because I sure haven’t found it.

This is the last Wyze item I will pre-order. I think they over extended themselves.

My vacuum works fine. My problems are all with the software. As long as I never move any of my furniture, or until I have another 5-6 hours to spare to do a Whole House Map Reset…I’m good.

The software should allow either a “map-on-the-fly” by room, or it should allow the option to reset the map by room.

Other vacuums I have had (including my ex-wife) were able to handle vacuuming around a table or ottoman that had been moved from a prior location.

This needs to get fixed.

1 Like

Tell me about it…Same here . I had multiple,multiple issues, Wyze seems to use the community forum as it’s sole technical support. Almost impossible to talk to a human. I sent mine back to the company, couldn’t stand it any longer. They keep pumping out Chinese crap hoping some of the products will be a hit, and if it dont…Oh well . The goal here is to pretend to be a hip upstart company , its a pattern I see more and more of these days. More time needs to be spent in testing, instead of seeing how many product they can sell from over seas.