IFTTT No Longer Works?

Ok Wyze, this thread was opened in May 2019. We are in June 2020. It’s been over a year. I have exactly the same problem. I have to re authorize Wyze in IFTTT every few days. I tried deleting the Wyze service from my IFTTT and rebuilding all my applets and I still have the same problem. This is obviously an authentication issue, most probably related to the oAuth token expiring. As you are officially advertising compatibility with IFTTT and using their logo on your packaging, I will assume here that you are paying them to put your service on their platform. That means that you have access to them to help you troubleshoot this issue.

I just chatted with your support and at the end the poor person (Paula) obviously did not know what to do with me as I was being very insistent. I was told people would get back to me but given how long this thread has been dragging on, I’m not holding my breath. Please prove me wrong.

You advertise IFTTT compatibility as a major feature of your platform. Many people, including me, buy a ton of hardware from you based on this claim and, it is just NOT working as it should. Stop shoving this under the rug and fix the issue. As I have the problem I’ll gladly help your engineers by sending them any kind of log / info they need so they can troubleshoot this. My case # is 630228.

I think it’s about time you have the CTO assign someone to this issue. I know sometimes intermittent issues are hard to find, but I have it, you know my account, and I will gladly help any engineer by providing any information he needs to understand what is going on. I am a software engineer myself so we both speak the same language. My IFTTT stuff is hooked to my own server and I have logs of everything that is happening.

I encourage anyone who has the same problem to chat with support, ask for the case # and a case escalation, citing this thread as evidence you are not the only one to have this problem.

3 Likes

This is going to escalate to a legal issue.

They advertise a feature that patently DOES NOT WORK.

FIX IT, OR TAKE IT OFF YOUR PACKAGING, AND START ISSUING RETURN/REFUND SHIPPING LABELS FOR ALL WYZE PRODUCTS THAT HAD IT ON THE PACKAGING.

You can cooperate voluntarily, or the customers can form a class action. The latter will be very nasty. The ‘injured class’ is basically anyone who bought a product with ifttt on the box, so… 90% of your customers? That would end Wyze as we know it.

It will be a lot cheaper and instill far more good will, if you just fix the [mod edit] bug already. I’m done waiting.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

What are you on about man? It works, it just doesn’t work well yet. Go buy nest or ring if you need it to work better and Wyze doesn’t get the job done.

I don’t know about legal action, but I agree that the integration should work reliably. I bought into the ecosystem because of the interoperability with something like IFTTT. If it’s flaky and I don’t know when my front door is opened by a delivery person, I regret making the purchase. The thing that bugs me is that the integration used to work reliably.

Problem is it needs to work, correctly, Not mostly correctly.

A sale is a de-facto contract to deliver a specific value for a specific price.

I paid 100% of the price they asked for. My payment worked 100% correctly. My payment was my side of the contract of purchase. Delivering the service AS ADVERTISED is their obligation under the contact of sale.

They did not advertise “almost works with IFTTT”, did they? They advertised ‘works with IFTTT’ and today and perhaps always, that has been false.

I didn’t almost pay for the products. I completely paid 100% for them. So I expect them to completely work.

I understand you think it’s rude to be bossy about getting what I paid for. Well it’s also rude to sell something that does not deliver what was advertised. I’m pretty sure most credit cards will offer refunds of products that do not work as advertised as well so I might go that route if this isn’t fixed soon, and I have at this point literally hundreds of wyze products.

2 Likes

Goodness! Please see a doctor! I worry about your blood pressure!

When you have recovered consider this. I used to experience much the same behavior as you. Then one day I removed some services from my IFTTT account I was no longer using and voila! Have not had an issue with Wyze and IFTTT since. Imagine that?

My point is the issue could be on either side. But as to legal issues you need to consult a lawyer but the Terms of Service you agreed to with both Wyze and IFTTT pretty much preclude you from getting much in the way of legal recourse. But feel free to try. It’s only your money!

Perhaps a subscription to ‘Calm’ would benefit him

Indeed. I do understand the frustration, heck I have experienced it myself. But when non lawyers start trying to explain why they feel they have grounds to sue… well let’s just say it never ends well.

Nice try to deflect responsibility.

But this is a well known issue with Wyze’ IFTTT integration. And the only services I have in my IFTTT account are Wyze and Webhooks (my IF and THEM). The only purpose of this IFTTT account is to receive Wyze Events and forward on to webhooks.

I am perfectly calm. I know now that I am not alone. And we have waited long enough for this to be fixed.

[Citation Needed]

And no ToS on Earth is going to override my card-member agreement or Wyze’ merchant agreement. In fact, circumventing a Merchant Agreement with a ToS is grounds for termination of CC processing privileges entirely.

Good lord I don’t want that to happen. I’m quite the champion of Wyze. I love the company, the people, the philosophy. But there comes a point when they have to grow up a little and fix the broken stuff before getting distracted with something shiny and new.

I have use this form on more than one occasion to vent my feelings of disappointment having had my anticipation crushed… Well at least Dented a little bit. We are a nation of very spoiled people… when

We don’t get what we want we cry like school children

I think that you’re gallant white horse is going lame… Point taken, now how about some hay!!?

I am not trying to deflect anything. I don’t work for Wyze in any capacity. In fact my involvement with the company is waning due to similar issues.

That said, go ahead, I’ll wait. Exercise your card member privileges. We all have those same privileges as you can’t use cash online.

The point being I doubt very much you will accomplish anything. Name me a product that is in this same industry that is 100% free of flaws and works 100% of the time?

You can’t, because no such product exists. Some are worse, some are better. But in essence you are venting and frustrated. Understandable, and totally fine.

1 Like

Well said grasshopper, an Orator in our midst

1 Like

I encourage everyone to report the problem to IFTTT here https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025901754 and Wyze here https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us (bottom of page, contact us) to get their attention. Also, I am starting to mention the problem on every one of their social media post and also on my Amazon review.

You made a typo it seems, and I’m not referring to you’re/your…

don’t get what was advertised, paid for, and on the product packaging

I know, form and forum… You ever try typing with long hairy finger and a banana stuck in your ear…??

They have Doctors that can handle the banana issue now. Their actually pretty good, might even improve your hearing!

I know a good barber that might be able to help with the furry fingers as well!

:flushed:

Always the helpful dote aren’t ya…

1 Like

I try…:crazy_face:

ifttt is pfffffftttttttttttt

Just integrate with SmartThings already please.

I tried reauthorizing Wyze and ST a few times. It works for a little time if lucky and then stops.

Thanks