IFTTT Location Triggers

Life360 and WYZE through IFTTT has been rock solid for me for months! Glad you like the combo.

LIFE360 is especially good for tracking ALL family members so that cameras notifications turn on when last family member leaves … and shut down when first family member comes home.

1 Like

Can anyone help me how to setup a trigger for tracking all family members to turn on or off notifications ? I have tried using life360 and IFTTT but it is not working; still, after getting home i receive notifications… Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

I have a netgear nighthawk router. Can a WiFi detection applet work with any router, or only specific brands?

There are several IFTTT compatible routers. Mine is a TP-Link AC2600.

1 Like

Thanks🙏🏼

Totally agree. Been using Life360 and it works like a champ for location triggering.

It’s 2021 and this still seems to be an issue. IFTTT is still super unreliable and most of the time, down right broken in terms of location based actions with Wyze Cam. IFTTT is also now a paid service of you want to fully use it as a tool to automate your Wyze cameras.

What I want to do is keep my cameras rolling all the time, I want consistent notifications for my outdoor cameras, but want my indoor cameras to suspend notifications while I am home, then resume when I leave. I hope that the Home Monitoring kit will allow me to set that up to activate via the keypad when it finally lands. But that is another subscription for that service.

I am already Cam Plus subscriber for what will be 4 cameras when my doorbell arrives and person detection on 2 other cameras. I think that Wyze uses geofencing for the thermostat, why can’t we offer that for the cams as well? Can we please incorporate this feature rather than relying on a secondary platform that now has increased costs and serious reliability issues.

2 Likes

I have to back up what everyone else seems to be saying that Wyze is NOT listening to. Wyze needs to come up with its own location triggering system to go with its devices!!! I am a Cam Plus subscriber but I can tell you that is not going to last long if I have to pay for another service to use to turn my notifications on and off when I leave and arrive home! This has gone on long enough.

I agree with SciNerd110 when they say, “What I want to do is keep my cameras rolling all the time, I want consistent notifications for my outdoor cameras, but want my indoor cameras to suspend notifications while I am home, then resume when I leave.”

This is your system so how hard is it to get this ability added to the Wyze App!? Or, are you more interested in making people pay for your monitoring service than fixing what should have been added to the Wyze eco structure a long time ago??

1 Like

Agree. This is still an annoying issue for me. With Life360 removing IFTTT support, seems there’s no reliable way to turn off notifications when you are at home except manually. Really surprised Wyze hasn’t come up with a solve for this…I mean Wyze created their own motion detection…surely, they could solve this one?

1 Like