Ideas for Wyze Cam V3

love that this topic is still under “maybe later.” seems like they should’ve been more truthful.

Not sure this is possible with hardware but perhaps it is with software.

The Wyzecam(s) should connect to my phone via bluetooth and auto turn-on when it realizes the connection is lost— i.e. I leave my apartment.

(I guess this depends on how big your house is)

Bluetooth would not be practical, it can disconnect even when you go to a different room in the same house.

Something like this, called “geofencing” is in the works though according to the AMA Wyze did recently. You should be able to set a GPS zone as your home and set a rule in your app to tell it to turn on your cam(s) whenever your phone leaves that zone.
I expect that to be available sometime next year.

1 Like

I thought about the issues with BT. The zone is a good idea— perhaps it links to Google/Apple maps.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check out their AMA.

1 Like

I would love to get the CamV3 for my exterior but no place to plug it in. It would be a nice to have one that is wireless.

Try seeing where the nearest interior plug is and measure how wire run would be. Then order a longer usb to mini usb. I ordered a 20’ one and drilled a hole big enough for plug to go outside right behind cam mounted nearest corner of top door trim. Then insert wire n fill both ends of hole with caulk. On inside I neatly ran white wire along inside white trim of door frame to bottom trim to nearest power.

If ur cam is near eve of roof u could drill into eve for power run to an attic power source.

You do have to have power somewhat nearby.

1 Like

I would like an option for an all black colored V3, the same as they did with V2.

Or you could also experiment with a solar panel to plug it in anywhere. (just make sure the panel is exposed to direct sunlight of course)

1 Like

Hi To All of the dedicated Team Members of Wyze,
1st I want to say, I am at awe with your Founders plan for the company and how you all are implementing it. To see the future of a brand is one thing but to implement it is another…
So I am a single father of a 24 yr old Daughter since she was 6yrs old. I worked a lot and always wanted to make my home secure. For awhile I didn’t because I knew its very easy to hack into anything on a network (Back Then). I found only 1 device capable of having an automatic Shutter. (MYFOX). As I opened my front door it recognized my patterns and the shutter would automatically drop down. I would have the one in whatever areas i was concerned about while i was home stay down, the ones in my main areas open while i slept. That product was very limited and unstable.
I think if people knew they were safe from hackers seeing them in their home, the users of indoor security cameras would go up 10 fold. So I would like to suggest something like that in the future and I think it will make everyone rest easy at night. God Bless and keep up the good work.

The Wyze cam V3 with the new starlight sensor is awesome, specially for $20. The only thing that could make it better would be higher resolution to see more detail such as license plates or people’s faces. Keeping the starlight sensor but having either 2K or 4K would make much more of a security camera. If Wyze came out with this 2K or ideally 4K version then it would be worth paying a higher price premium for the better resolution.

2 Likes

Without the daisy chain capability on the V3, can we get a dual outdoor pigtail/type plug? Putting two cameras on each corner of my house is great, but w/theoutdoor camera, i’d have to run two cables all the way to the plug. Some run through the attic and some run through to my basement. It would be very helpful to be able to connect two, close to the camera and keep a single cable run.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Splitter-extension-charge-Galaxy/dp/B00ISLNSH0/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Micro+Usb+Splitter&qid=1607989661&sr=8-3

You can probably find what you need by searching for usb microusb splitter… https://www.amazon.com/s?k=y+splitter+usb+microusb&ref=nb_sb_noss

Amazon.com: y splitter usb micro usb
Amazon.com: y splitter usb micro usb
www.amazon.com
|

• |

I was able to find longer usb cables for longer runs.

I, too, needed extra power for the sensor kit(or thought I did), but the sensor kit uses the v2 cam’s usb port for power and wifi for triggering/alerting so I have to keep a v1 or v2 cam in use to allow the sensors to continue to be useful. I may try a splitter off the v2 cam’s usb port to see if the v3 gets power AND sensor kit will work if its piggy back on the v2 via a splitter. It all depends on what wires are internally connected within the splitter. For now I have two power cubes(1 for a v3 and 1 for a v2 with sensor piggy-backed on it) and 2 cable runs.

If you have a few old usb-to-micro usb cables, you could build ur own splitter by cutting into two older wires (solder like colored wires and tape off). I may try but my extra wires are usually short 1’ to 6’ ones and wire runs are usually 8’ plus.

Good luck.

1 Like

If you have seen the recent Vivint commercials, they are showing off the detection feature that sends out an audible “chirp” to the trespasser - warning them that they are on camera and have been seen.

You really MUST implement something similar - it’s too good a feature not to have for a security camera!

Les

3 Likes

I would add this to the #wishlist or maybe the @Mods could move it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the default sort is by most votes, new wishlist ideas get buried

1 Like

Yeah, they need a trending sort option…I used to sort by “new” requests, but 99% of them were things I didn’t care about or were very small niche requests catered to just 1 person’s needs or something, so sorting by newest got old quick and I gave up. There has to be some better option so that actual real good ideas can make it somewhere toward the top…as it is, only those already at the top will ever be at the top, because that’s all anyone ever sees. I don’t have a good solution for that, but it is the problem…

I would love to see the V3 have motion trigger the siren with a adjustable timer for duration. This would truly be useful so much more then just manually setting it on and off.

3 Likes

I just came in to say the same thing. I noticed that the siren scares off the raccoons.

the triggers for the siren have been brought to the teams attention and to my knowledge are being worked on among many other things.