Ideas for Wyze Cam V3

I am looking for the same thing and want to capture car speed over 25mph and record it like person detection but car speed detection. I’m going to search for other cameras that might have this functionality.

Good luck with that. Remember the police do not use cameras to detect speeders, they use radar that in turn may trigger a camera.

But cameras are inherently inaccurate for such an application and as such are not used, indeed they are not even admissible in civil or criminal court for that purpose.

2 Likes

More customizable detection zone.

I would love a camera that has optical zoom. This camera is my favorite on the market, Has all the great features, but its price!! If you could make a similar camera in features for $100, I’d buy them up.

2 Likes

Also, better microphone that you can hear people better and yourself be heard better.

Please consider having wyze cam v2 capable of connecting by ethernet.
Could be done through house power line with a D link Powerline AV 500 [DHP-309AV] as this would stop disconnects
The other option is to write software so that indoor wyze cam can link to the base station of the outdoor cam - which is ethernet connected and this would prioritize the indoor cam as the only wifi connection to base station. This should stop disconnects

So, I see that the new Wyze Outdoor cam will operate for up to 6 months on internal baterries. This gives us the freedom to put these outdoor cameras anywhere without the constraints of electrical concerns. 2 thumbs up for this idea. Why not implement this in a V3 of the original Wyze Cam? Having to plug these Wyze Cam V1/V2 models in by electrical cords is a pain in the neck.

TL;DR; Wyze Cam V3 - Internal rechargeable batteries! Oh yeah!

Sure, I could buy the Outdoor Wyze Cam’s and use them indoors for the same purpose. But if we can get a cheaper indoor version that’s the best solution. Then all price points are covered!

Well, for one, the battery powered one doesn’t support continuous recording.

1 Like

I’ve never really relied on continuous recording much myself. I’m not saying it doesn’t have value because it most certainly does. So, I’ll second that for Wyzecam V3. Let’s get internal rechargeable batteries and continuous recording on an SDHC card.

1 Like

Ability to change the detection zone on the outdoor cam. Also change the shape vs only square or rectangle.

Not sure if this is on the list yet, but I would love to have a battery powered (or even solar!) camera that has 4G cellular connectivity. I could get an additional SIM card from my service provider and add a data plan. I have a location that I wish to monitor, but does not have wi-if service. It would be amazing to get real time alerts and video from the camera instead of just saving to local SD card.

2 Likes

Same request for all the Wyze cameras. Wyze not focused on actual security features of cameras, or at least not 100%. They are spreading themselves thin too soon and interested in new products outside of cameras and related security features.

If we are lucky they will add this non-rectangular zone feature as a simple camera update. If we are unlucky, they will add as a service like the person detection feature they had, took away, and brought back for a monthly fee.

Look at adding a hot spot off ebay (preferrably a name brand and not a cheap brand from china), then add your sim card, then link the cameras to hot spot.

Then you need a power source, either electric outlet OR a 12v battery to the hot spot with a solar panel to charge the 12v battery.

I’d even run a power wire to the outdoor cams so no need to recharge monthly. Not sure if they manage charging if hardwired 100% of time…if not the batteries will go bad, then not sure if the cameras would work (some phones don’t work well with a bad battery – even when plugged in with a bad battery). To be safe and protect the battery life, you could add a wifi switch to turn off the charging wire to the outdoor cam every so often (to let the battery drain). In this case, I’d turn on charging for however long they take to charge AND test how often they get down to 20% left AND then you’d have a time frame to turn on the charging wire (say every week or other week for 1 hr). This could be implemented for the hot spot too and would also help the battery to be a backup instead of a constant power supply (even if hot spot and cameras have battery use management).

Good luck.

Any plans to make wyze cam v2 wireless? Would this be possible?

The 3rd version is their wireless setup. You could add a small 12v battery to a 12v plug converter to the mini usb plug…then to charge the battery add a solar panel.

Even their 3rd gen cam needs reconnecting to power for charging and they have no solar setup.

Which is the 3rd version? I don’t see anything specified as the 3rd version on the site. Are you referring to the outdoor cam? Could you please provide links to the cameras and battery packs that you are referring to? Thanks in advance

For Wyze Cam V3, I hope to see everything get upgraded so better resolution, better night vision, better audio, ect.

I would also like to see a backup battery in case the power goes out.

I thought you could make it waterproof and have V3 be for Indoors or Outdoors. Keep the plugged in and continuous recording.

Now we have 2 options for outdoor cameras. Battery or Wired.

Hope to see a Wyze Cam V3 in the future!

1 Like

I was referring to their outdoor cam as the 3rd version. Sorry

For a battery setup, Just google for 12v batteries and another sea on solar panels. It would b a dyi setup. I haven’t had a chance 2 setup myself but will post when I do.

I plan on using the cam v2 indoors so the solar panels won’t do me any good. The reason I pose the question is because I would rather not see the cords running down the wall to outlets