I disable push notifications but 24 hours later they are enabled again

I disable push notifications but 24 hours later they are enabled again.

What notification is being disabled? Account notifications or camera notifications? What rules do you have that are associated with the camera or your account? If camera, Do you share the camera with anyone? Do you share your account info with anyone?

1 Like

Thanks very much for your response Omgitstony. I am talking about the notifications at ACCOUNT > NOTIFICATIONS > PUSH NOTIFICATIONS. I don’t recall ever having setup any rules. When I look at “Rules” I see …

I don’t share the camera or account with anyone. (I wouldn’t know how!)

Thanks, Bob

Click “turn alerts off at night” and post a screen shot of that rule. Make sure all actions in that rule are shown. What was that schedule rule made for? That may be your culprit.

Do you use the “I’m home”? Shortcut? What actions are in that rule?

Also, click the “history” at the bottom, and post a screen shot of that screen. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much Omgitstony!! You have solved my problem. Here’s my “turn alerts off at night” rule:

So I can see now what the problem is. I think I will just delete the rule and see what happens. I think that my iPhone doesn’t let notifications thru at night so I should be ok.

Thanks very much for your help!!

Bob

2 Likes

Yep, because that specific action was chosen, that then tells the system to disable your ACCOUNT notifications at 10p, the. Re enabled them at 8a. Delete or disable that rule and the system won’t turn off your account level notifications.

There are three different levels of notification controls, at the device, level, your account level, and then the app level. Each of those three levels need to be enabled for you to get notifications through, but if any one of those three is disabled, you won’t get notifications into your phone or device.

Glad you got it to work!

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt replies which steered me to the right place and the solution!!

Bob