I cannot delete the thermostat from my devices (thermostat was not compatible, so full set-up was not completed)

I cannot delete the thermostat from my devices (thermostat was not compatible, so full set-up was not completed). Please help!

[Mod edit] Moved from the #wishlist as this appears to be a request for help.

When you click the pencil in the upper right → Edit Devices, does the thermostat not show or is there no red minus :heavy_minus_sign: sign to delete it?

1 Like

No, I’ve tried that. Since the thermostat was not compatible with my system, I was not able to complete set up. When I click on the pencil and then the red delete button, it forces me to try and set up the thermostat again. Apparently there’s no workaround for for an iPhone.

There has been a longstanding issue with the inability to delete a thermostat that is hung up in the incomplete setup status.

I did some searches for this in the forum and did read some that were able to delete it after turning off the WiFi and Mobile Data on their phone before attempting to delete the device and then enabling the internet after it was deleted.

I have not yet found a fix for this but will do some research and get back to you.

3 Likes

That worked! I put in airplane mode and when I got to delete, I turned it back on, then hit delete. Thank you

2 Likes

Wow! I honestly didn’t expect that to work!

So glad you were able to get it deleted!

:clap::+1::clinking_glasses::partying_face::champagne::grin:

1 Like