Huge Herd of Elk + Bright Moonlight = Breathtaking

Huge Herd of Elk with a Bright Moon

Now with a fixed link. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Huge Herd of Elk with a Bright Moon

Smallest elk I’ve ever seen… :laughing:

You must’ve posted the wrong video…the link you included was a dark bunny in a barn with no moonlight.
@mvb helped me understand you actually meant to post this video:

Thought I’d update and provide the embedded video here for everyone.
They are up close toward the middle of the video! (I recommend skipping to around 14 minutes in when they’re walking right up to the camera)

6 Likes

@tootnpoopsie, I found your elk herd video. And yes that was a very large herd. At least 50 and I saw 2 young bulls.

They came in browsing on the felled trees. But once they found that hay, they all charged in for a mouthful. I’m curious if you are providing the food because of a shortage of browse in the area.

3 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that, I went back and looked for the elk video under the same user name and posted it for everyone to easily see up above. I wondered what was going on, but you helped me realize it was just a mistype.

3 Likes

Agreed, that’s a lot of Elk @tootnpoopsie… thanks for sharing it with us (was fun to watch them).

They were definitely enjoying their pre-midnight snack thanks to your love of animals and generosity during the lean times of winter.

1 Like

Hilarious, yeah I pasted the wrong link.

The alfalfa is for our chicken coop, so I threw a small amount over the fence to see if they would take it.

Someone else in our area has a full-on Elk feeding station that they visit regularly.

2 Likes

Yummy, fire up the grill for steaks.

2 Likes

I love this :slight_smile:

I couldn’t agree more! We have some elk burger in our freezer, but it’s running low. I see this video and get hungry. So much better and healthier to eat wild game than some steroid laden commercial cow.

1 Like