How to get status of plug?

Hey there! First time posting.

I’m using IFTT to do some cool stuff with my plug, mostly driven through code. However, something I need to be able to do is query for status – is the plug on or off – at a given moment.

I can’t seem to figure out how I might do this, and since there’s no open API to directly query the device I’m a bit lost. I realize that it’s possible since the app can clearly show me the status of the plug AND allow me to flip it with a tap, so I am hoping to figure out how to expose that first bit of functionality.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Hi @ahagouel and welcome to the Communnity forum!
There is a bit of problem to resolve. Here is the update:

@ahagouel

I don’t believe there is currently a way to query the status, you can turn on and turn off through IFTTT but not see the status.

Can’t believe you’re confirming my fears! :sob: :wink:

If not through IFTT, any ideas on how I might I get device status programmatically?

I am not sure, there are many smart people here and hopefully if someone does know they will chime in.

2 Likes

If you want to do it with some code you can use my unofficial node package GitHub - noelportugal/wyze-node: An un-official API wrapper for Wyze products.

2 Likes

Legendary. I’ll check this out, it’ll actually come in handy with other pieces around the experience like network delays interacting via IFTT.

I get the business case that exposing an API to these devices decreases interaction through the app / partnerships, but wow would it be useful for devs.