Home Monitoring Sense Hub & Keypad - Chime when Doors/Windows are opened

It would be great if when a door sensor opens the hub would annouce which door it was. It would just be nice to know which door was opened without having to look at my phone

That would be great. Right now, I use Alexa routine to announce which door is open.

Any word of this becoming an option with the hub?

A way for the wyze hub could announce when a door has been opened or close, similar to ADT.

Welcome @skaletr!
Not yet.

I would like home monitoring related notifications to be said out loud from the Sense Hub similar to how the hub does when I set my system to Home/Away mode.
This is in addition to the alerts I get on my home.
This feature helps when I am away from home and my family is at home, so they can hear these messages instantaneously and act accordingly.

1 Like

We should have the option to enable chimes and/or spoken alerts whenever a door/window sensor is triggered.
This is the most basic functionality of any security system I’ve ever had and am super disappointed that it was not included at the start.
Also have young children as many others have stated, and need to know if they snuck outside while I was in another part of the home.

1 Like

The home monitoring system i am replacing would make a beep/ding sound when a door was opened. I would like this feature on the Wyze system. I don’t want notifications on my phone. I just want the hub and/or keypad to make a distinct sound when a door is opened.

3 Likes

That’s the main reason I would like it is for my kids, I have the Alexa routine setup but it’s an extra device that’s unnecessary.

1 Like

There really should also be a way to configure based on what mode the system is in as well (disarmed/home/away).

Please allow the alarm system sensors to make beep beep sound on the hub when opened. This helps know when something was opened when the system is not on alarm or away. Most companies have this feature

1 Like

I agree, this is a necessary feature.

1 Like

Would like to see an option for the base station to chime when doors/windows open. It is a huge safety issue with small children in the house and always helpful to the parent to hear if a door opens. May save a life!

3 Likes

This is such a necessary feature and usually standard on any security system. Anyone with kids knows this is 50% of why they even have a system.

2 Likes

With the new iPhone IOS update my Alexa announcement routines are no longer working. Any one else have issues again? Frustrated is an understatement.

IOS 14.6 works fine for routines announcing a door opening.

I shifted from xfinity security and thought the door opening Chim is standard but if this feature is not updated I would need to seriously consider changing, I have small kids and opening the doors and duration a door is opened for gives a clear idea where kids are, WYZE needs to add this function ASAP or it’s some thing to reconsider given the security system was purchased as I have kids

1 Like

Can we get a response from Wyze Support?
I feel stuck, as I’ve already purchased and installed this, but am still using and paying for my old system as well, due to Wyze Monitoring not having this simple feature.

Keep in mind this forum is primarily a user to user community. Wyze Support does not monitor this forum. If you need help or have a question about a product, you can call Customer Service or use email on the support pages.

Speak with a Live Support Wizard: 206-339-9646

WEEKDAY SUPPORT HOURS

Monday - Friday 4 AM – 8 PM PT

WEEKEND SUPPORT HOURS

Saturday 8 AM – 4 PM PT

Wyze Support has extended their live support hours for a better support experience. (Excluding Holidays & Emergencies)

Thanks for this - I am reaching out via chat right now to inquire about this feature. Hopefully others will too!

1 Like