Hiding your cameras?

I know that guy. He took my jirb!

Boy don’t let facts get in the way of your complete disregard for human life and irrational hate of a state you know little about.

But for the record:

So far this year (FY2022) for CBP/OFO Encounters:
California: 55,333+115490+44401= 215224
Arizona: 5443+211802+173829= 391074
New Mexico: 7567+177789= 185356
Texas: 28,142+25573+280622+77684+333224= 745245

So I don’t much about numbers but 745,245 sure does look bigger than 215,224. And certainly, you already know that it isn’t the responsibility of the states to protect the US Border. That’s on the Federal Government and the states get to choose how they want to spend their tax payer money.

Worthy of note. More than 102,372 of those encounters were kids. How bad must their lives be for them to risk crossing into another country for just a chance to have a better life?

Shucks… Someone should really get to tearing down that liar of a statue in the New York harbor.

But we’re not here to talk about putting the blame where it belongs. We’re here to talk about cameras!

Cameras can serve three distinct purposes. 1. Deterrence. 2. Alerting/Live Observation and 3. Investigative

For deterrence, you want a very visible camera. You can even use some of those cheap fake cameras to provide a strong warning without risking theft/destruction to something of value.Point is, make sure potential attackers can see the camera.

I think you should strongly consider deterrence as part of your efforts. Make your mailbox unappealing.

As far as using it for live observation or alerting. Wyze AI is pretty cool but I don’t think it’s sophisticated enough for your purposes. It would be a lot of having to manually check things. Although, if you are willing to put a camera inside your mailbox you can limit alerts to when the mailbox is actually opened but your field of view will more than likely be limited and will have limited application. Still, it’d be the best way to know your mail had actually arrived (and have a timestamp if someone stole it).

For investigative purposes Wyze cameras are just not going to cut it. You need higher resolution to get the tag number and facial details you would want. It won’t be totally worthless but almost totally worthless unless you can place a camera really close to the mailbox. Maybe a potted plant or a fence post with decorative tops that could conceal a camera?

And if your state doesn’t require front tags, you’ll want a camera facing the driver (to get their face and build) and a camera facing the rear of the vehicle to catch tag numbers.

I think a strong implementation of deterrence, alerts, and up-close recording could help you eliminate the problem.

Good luck.

People living south of our border all the way to the tip of South America are not my problem. If they are opposed, then do something about it. Stand up for yourselves and your future generations. Change your country leadership. Or don’t. Not my concern. Besides, why would I need to worry. My government is going to invade your country, overthrow the government you don’t like, install who we want running it until we decide to annex your country and add you to our welfare roles.

And if we are going to continue to take care of everyone that illegally invades our country, why are we stopping at the border? Let’s mount some white hat folks to remotely collect or maybe travel south of the border to get the names, addresses and other info so we can start sending them a U.S. Treasury check and put them on our health care. And how far is far enough? Should we send these teams all the way to the tip of South America? After all we have too much money here. We need to give it to anyone-everyone in other countries.
Let’s use our in-country ambassadors to collect the names and addresses of all the citizens in other countries – particularly south of the border, so we can extend our health care and benefits to them. Let’s be sure to also give them free college via full scholarships. It’s not important that people here have to go deep into debt to pay their own way through college. Let’s give that to those illegal invaders too.

1 Like