Help Identify

Cam caught this at 1:30 a.m.
Hops and has a tail like a squirrel but middle of the night?
And the color of this animal is odd. Someone here mentioned skunk and I assumed also but the colors?
Couldn’t get normal upload of video to work so here is YouTube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPah96T7dWY&feature=share&si=ELPmzJkDCLju2KnD5oyZMQ

1 Like

Skunk

1 Like

I thought that also, but the colors?

What about the colors? It’s because your v3 is far away from the road their where the skunk passed by and also the light on the left washes out the frame at the distance so colors can get a bit weird

Remember the v3’s are 1080 p so not working with great resolution here .

It’s a skunk !

:skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk:

2 Likes

Hooded Skunk. Specifically Mephitis macroura. Not to be confused with the Striped Skunk, the Spotted Skunk or the Hog Nosed Skunk. They all stink!

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s a henway.

1 Like

A couple pounds less than a skunk! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That was the sassiest and best use of the reply button that I have ever received.

1 Like

So glad I could make your day! :crazy_face::grin::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve got lots of Wyze, Ring and Blink cameras for wildlife. I also have two skunks. That’s a skunk. If you look up skunk, you will see that the markings vary quite a bit. Also, remember that a picture that uses INFRARED light won’t appear the same color as white light. But the MOVEMENT is a skunk’s.

Don’t fret! Skunks make GREAT SECURITY! They keep my acre from intrusion very effectively. Check out what happened when a door to door salesman met one of my skunks on the porch: Door To Door Salesman meets my SKUNK! on Vimeo

3 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @unixman! :raising_hand_man: Glad to have you aboard! :grin:

That is HILARIOUS :joy:!

You have a Big Fat No No answering your door!

Skunk

Wither the color is washed or different skunks have different markings. I just saw one with its head in a garbage bag (it was eating). At first we thought a cat but when we got closer it was a skunk. Only had white stripe on head and tip of tail, it’s back was all black.

That’s a no.

I need one.

Sorry, I’m keeping the two I have. They’ve served me faithfully for the last 3 years, and I’ve never seen any “little stinkers” so as far as I know, they haven’t reproduced. They seem to know and respect my property, so I can work in the yard in their presence without being sprayed. I think we have a good symbiotic relationship.

2 Likes