Headphone input issue on Macbook Pro

Received headphones today, able to pair with MacBook Pro and listen to music (YouTube via browser). I’m also able to hear audio from other apps (MS Teams, Slack…). However if I try to use the headphones as input various problems happen.

Native Sounds settings:

• selecting the input tab, and then selecting Wyze Headphones as the input will cause the Laptop Settings UI to lockup for about 5-10seconds, then you hear the headset say it is disconnecting.

Selecting Wyze as input from inside an app, such as MS Teams:

• once selected, about 5-10 seconds later you will hear the headset say it is disconnecting.

Note: when connected to a mobile phone, there are no noticed issues with input/output.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. It seems my phone will pick up from the mics for input but trying to do so on my mac causes the headphones to disconnect as you stated.

Issue noticed on:
Mojave (10.14.6)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

No issues using headset with:
Mojave (10.14.6)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Issues also with:

Big Sur (11.0.1)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Exactly the same symptoms here:
HW - MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
SW - Big Sur 11.0.1
It’s really sad to see it’s not working - given that I bought these specifically for my calls over MS Teams.

I recently upgraded to Big Sur, had a few issues with Bluetooth. Existing devices I had no issue with, but newly added devices had connection problems. One fix is deleting the /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/HAL/ folder, restarting, and then connecting the new Bluetooth device.

Thanks @Brian for the recommendation. I tried it, but it doesn’t seem to have made a difference.

Try the new firmware!

1 Like

Still experiencing this issue. It’s worse using YouTube on Safari or Chrome, Netflix and others are better but not perfect.

HW: MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Wyze Headphone Firmware: 2.1.112