Hardwiring Pan Cam v3

You might have let out the factory smoke. Refills are available

The problem may not be that it is wired improperly or that it isnā€™t getting good WiFi but that there isnā€™t enough power getting to the cam.

The longer the run and thinner the wire, the more loss in power you are going to have at the cam. The Pan V3 is very particular about having enough power to do what it needs. It acts all flavors of stupid without full power. All the symptoms you mentioned can be caused if the antaenna isnā€™t getting enough power.

Since you were able to run it on a stock cord, I suspect that the wires you are using arenā€™t able to deliver the power needed under load and the draw from the cam is too much for the wire to deliver.

I bet thatā€™s it. Itā€™s a huge run. Itā€™s probably 80 ft over all. I will brain storm another solution.

1 Like

Holy cow! :cow2: 80ft is a HAUL!

Check out this read.

@Newshound has done a lot of technical testing in running power significant distances. He might have something in the toolbox that could help.

3 Likes

My basement is undeveloped so I have other options Vs the 80ft. That was already in place and since it previously powered a camera I thought it would work just the same. I guess not!

I am considering fishing the USB cord down the wall through a small hole in the ceiling of the undeveloped basement (that I would make). I have a snake type camera I could check it out with.

I could then just plug it into 1 of the immediate outlets in the basement with an extension cord for now. That would only be about 15-20 ft.

2 Likes