Google nest hub keeps displaying "smart home camera"

Same issue! Disappointed with this.

+1 for this issue. 3 pan wyze and 2 fixed wyze (brand new) and none work with Google Home.

Google device info:
Software version 28.8.19.320035839
Cast firmware version 1.46.203796

This issue is ridiculous. We all have useless white bricks now.

@UserCustomerGwen your response is patronizing at best. Everyone including your wise technicians knows this is not an issue for Google to work out. It’s an issue with your camera integration firmware.

please provide an honest, straightforward, up-to-date answer on how this issue is being resolved by WYZE staff.

4 Likes

Upping this thread. I am experiencing the same issue with showing stream on Google hub. Updated wise cam to latest firmware. Still not working.
Would like to hear wise addressing this issue.

Same problem here. Was really exited about this (just got 3 Wyze cams) but for now they are useless for what I was planing to use them for.

Just bought my first wyze, and having the same issue, guess it go back to store…

At this point, I think that is wise (no pun intended). Wyze took forever to provide any response and when they did, it was finger pointing at Google, so it is hard to be optimistic that this will be fixed. The primary reason I bought Wyze was the Google integration. Based on what I have seen so far, I am getting a bad feeling that life with Wyze will be a never-ending series of blaming Google. Too bad.

Same issue… why did I buy this camera?

On the phone right now with Google, and they are pretending they don’t know of the issue. Maybe it is time to drop Google and use a display from the competitor !

Update 24 Aug 2020:

Google finally confirmed they have a compatibility issue with the Wyze cam. The issue is actually with Google. The are actively trying to resolve the issue. No target date yet but I will keep checking with them once a week. Btw, they are also sending me a replacement display hub due to erratic rebooting issues i have had with mine ever since i bought it. Finally getting somewhere…

1 Like

The problem is that the camera is advertised that it works with Google Home :frowning:

Google Home integration worked several month ago, what changed? Oh I remember Wyze firmware. Poking at it is not going to fix it, looking at the code and noting changes made would.

Same Here, Any update?

No there are no updates other then advertising Wyze cameras working with Google Home products is a misrepresentation at best.

So, I’m seeing this problem too, and I have no inside information regarding where the issue lies. But folks that are placing blame on Wyze have never dealt with trying to get Google to acknowledge and fix a problem on their end.

I will speak to this firsthand.

IF you were even lucky enough to get them to get and file a bug report, and let me tell you that’s not easy, getting it fixed is a whole other kettle of fish.

The issue I was trying to get fixed had to do with erroneous data Google had in their database, causing some of our users to appear as if they were browsing from another country, and getting websites translated into a language they couldn’t read.

I was lucky. I happened to have a friend in the exact area at Google that managed that data, and he grabbed the bug, investigated, and posted a patch. It was fixed within a couple of days.

Almost nobody is that lucky. Google is huge. People work on all sorts of things in all different areas of the company. Their environment is incredibly distributed.

So before you sling arrows, take heed, and be aware that there are humans at this Wyze who would like for nothing better than for you to be happy with the product they’ve made, and for your to buy more of it. In short, please be nice to people.

1 Like

Same issue here, hoping for a fix soon!

I’m struggling to understand one fact, is Google releasing a piece of hardware and claim that it will work with Google Home, or is it Wyze the one that is doing it? Why would Google make their software compatible with Wyze (when they have thousands of other vendors to deal with) and not Wyze make their hardware compatible with Google. Have you heard Microsoft making changes to their OS to make it compatible with with some hardware (printer or a mouse)? It is hardware vendor responsibility to make it compatible with OS their claim it should work with.
The issue you had is not same thing, it was Google’s DB engine and as such it was their responsibility to fix it. Now if you are running some DB engine (Oracle) on Windows and because of the erroneous data in the database would you call Microsoft? The point that I’m trying to make is two fold, one if you claim your hardware compatible and it is not there is a problem with your claim, two when you release a piece of hardware you need to make sure it is compatible with OS it will run on.

I’m not going to get into a debate about where the problem lies, because I have no idea.
Nobody’s software is static, and changes in integration interfaces can be caused by anything, Sure there are reviews in release processes, but we all know things can be missed. If the problem is with Wyze’s software, I wish it would get fixed, and likewise if the issue is on Google’s side.
Also, there are published specs for an interface, and then there’s the way it actually works. And if the two are out of sync, as it were, it’s impossible to make your thing work with their thing, without help.
But let’s face it, if you take a wide angle view of the issue, Wyze is much more accountable in this case, since their product is directly affected, and for Google this is a tiny thing in all the things they do, and doesn’t affect them directly. They also have a competing ecosystem (you know, that Nest line of cameras?) that they’re more worried about keeping in sync with their integration interfaces.
Really if the customer priority is for the interplay of hardware and cloud to work, the best thing is to buy the product that’s controlled by the same vendor. Oh, that’s much more expensive? What’s your priority?
My cams were purchased before any such integration was available. The mobile app fills most of my needs, and while I’d love for the Nest Home Hub (or whatever they’re calling it now) to be working, the cameras have served my purpose as they are.
And hey, the Amz. integration works.
(hoping I’ve gotten all the typos, 'cause I’m not revisiting this any time soon)

I just got off the phone with Google. Google admitted that they’re having technical difficulties and they are actively working on trying to resolve the issue to have wyze cam compatible again.

2 Likes

I am having exact same issue with my first new Wyze v2

@rmhoffmann, the bottom line is that I bought a Wyze product because it was advertised as Google Home compatible. I didn’t buy from Google, I bought from Wyze and I expect them to deliver and maintain Google Home compatibility or refund my money. If Google Home compatibility is not a priority for you, you probably don’t need to participate in this thread, since it is for the rest of us.

1 Like