Google Home (e.g., Nest Mini) ring with Wyze Video Doorbell

I can’t hear the doorbell chime in all parts of my house. I have a Google Nest Mini (Google Assistant) in every room. I wish I could set the Wyze Video Doorbell to chime all or a subset of my Google devices. I thought this was originally announced as a feature back when I bought it in Beta…but still waiting and no sign of it on the roadmap. We need this…especially since Wyze does not sell additional chime units (yet).

Yup I’ve been waiting so long for this feature as it was literally said by wyze themselves it would be ready, PLEASE wyze start fixing the google integration for all your products but start with the doorbell, as it was literally advertised…

8 Likes

I thought this would be included by now? I’d really like to have my doorbell announce/chime Google Home Minis when someone is pressing the button/at the door.

Otherwise, people without a linked phones and working Wyze apps wouldn’t know someone is ringing the bell at all :frowning:

1 Like

visitor announcement on google home speakers

Hay Wyze.
really eyeing the doorbell. but cant get myself to order until visitor announcement on google home speakers is avaible. i have multiple doorbells, and would love if using the doorbell and google home it would tell me the door was rung and also which doorbell was rung. ( familiar faces would be also awesome to integrate with this but lets not get ahead of ourselves or too greedy, but like seeing the doorbell on the google devices after it was rung and being able to use 2 way talk on the google devices would be also awesome.

visitor announcements per googles website;
“Google Nest or Home speakers and displays can announce when someone rings your Google Nest doorbell, or other compatible doorbell. With a smart display, Chromecast or Android TV, you may also be able to see who’s there.”

so if wyze would be added to that lost it would be a gamechanger.

So lets add this topic to the Wishlist! and hopefully this will be added.

thou curious if this could work under the future matter standard.

best, Thomas ( wyze addict)

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this feature will ever happen? From what i have read we can’t add additional chimes to Doorbell Pro and can’t have it ring through speakers. Yet the chime isn’t loud enough.

Any updates from someone at Wyze?

2 Likes

Wyze Doorbell Pro Chime through Google Home Speakers

Please add feature that allows Google Home Speakers to serve as chimes for Video Doorbell Pro. A single chime in a 5,000 sqft home. Using speakers that are already in our homes makes complete sense. This feature is already available for Alexa devices. Please get this done!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

I have the Wyze Doorbell Pro and it is integrated into Alexa. We have both sets of speakers here. Any camera, or doorbell, can be set to announce when a person is detected and you may choose which Alexa device will announce. We used that with Ring previously.

Errr… Still waiting on Google assistant integration on the wired wyze doorbell. Have several Google hubs that I assumed would display the video from the doorbell instantly when I purchased the doorbell over a year ago. Even indicated on the box is Google home ready. Please get this fixed. Love the wyze products but this is a problem.

3 Likes

Doorbell Notifications on Google Home Devices

It’d be nice to get a notification that someone has rang the doorbell on my Google Home Speakers. I love our Doorbell Pro, but our chime isn’t close to my office and I can’t hear it while I’m working.

3 Likes

This feature isn’t available for Google speaker devices? Seriously? Kinda messed up you advertise features that ain’t working.

4 Likes

OMG. All of my cameras are finally working on Google hub now! Maybe it was the update today but I just accidentally tried it today. Awesome!

What do you mean by working. When doorbell is pressed it ring you speakers and shows video on you hub screen?

I can see the doorbell video (and all other cameras) streaming on google hub. I was unable to before except for my V2s.

Google Integration of the doorbell sound through multiple home and speakers throughout the house.

Im assuming you need to ask Google to actually show you the footage. @BikeMoab would like the video to automatically pop up when the doorbell is pushed. I would like to see if when the doorbell detects a person

We just bought a Wyze doorbell, I was under the impression this was already a feature and was super disappointed. Considering going back to my Nest doorbell, but I do really love Wyze. Any further news from Wyze as to when or even if this will be a feature in the future?

2 Likes

I have not seen anything else about it other than this item on the wishlist. I really wish they would push this through as well.

Just finally got my Wyze “works with Google” Video Doorbell Pro to connect to my Pixel 7 thanks to an app update. But I’m confused, how does it “work with Google”? I can’t get it to ring on any of my Google speakers. I love the Wyze products but they need to integrate with my life better, very disappointed.

2 Likes

Just got the wyze doorbell v2 and I’m joining the rest of you with this issue now. New device and they still don’t have this right.

I ran into this issue with Leviton for a particular wall switch they had, it wasn’t reporting as a ‘trigger’ to Google Home which users need to trigger automation.

A few support follow ups to Leviton they were able to add this trigger to Google Home so now I can automate things happening when I turn on that wall switch. Wyze should be able to do the same thing with Google to have the ‘Button Pressed’ exposed as a ‘starter’.

Search my other posts if you want to see how I used a spare wyze v2 camera and some Wyze rules to make google home do the doorbell announcement, but it’s a roundabout solution that comes with a 5-10 second delay.

I suggest you guys contact support and/or submit logs and get them to get their button presses showing up as starters, this was an advertised feature for the v2 doorbell that doesn’t work.

1 Like

According to this post, it should work:
Is Wyze Video Doorbell v2 compatible with Alexa and Google Home? – Wyze

Is Wyze Video Doorbell v2 compatible with Alexa and Google Home?

Brenda
Tuesday at 12:31

Yes, the new doorbell is compatible!

Use your smart speakers as doorbell chimes, and also view live video feeds of people at the door on your Echo Show and Google Home devices.