Google Assistant - Voice commands for turning lamp socket on and off

I have both Google and Alexa. I can tell Google to Turn on X Light or Turn off X Light as I can with Alexa.

Cannot speak to the Lamp Socket yet as I removed it as I am reconfiguring things

Spamini4, no problems with lots of voice commands, but, last I checked, still can’t voice-command a lamp socket on or off. Can ONLY be done via the camera device in the app.

1 Like

Thanks for clarity here. I will set mine up and test as well. However, it probably wont be until tomorrow.

Controlling the lamp sockets is entirely too clunky. Controlling them with assistants would be amazing.

I just got done setting up 5 light sockets outside grouped with three cameras. That went pleasantly well! And didn’t even imagine I wouldn’t be able to turn my lights on and off with Alexa!
Who thought, “We’ll use their lights to power a camera, but to turn their lights on and off they will have to open the app, go to the camera, and control it from there!”
What?!? How did that make it through product planning?!? Ugh! I went from flipping a switch as I go out the door to having to stop and fiddle with my phone.
Now I have to weigh the hassle against the hassle of returning them and running power.
I just bought a hassle for the price of a smart bulb.

5 Likes

This functionality is still desperately needed. Person detection is not quick enough to turn on the porch light when leaving the house. I should be able to tell Alexa to turn the lamp socket on or off.

How is this still not a feature?

I have been trying everything to make it work before I undershoot that it wasn’t my fault. I really hate the fact that every time if the place is dark and I want to turn on light for a second I have reach for my phone to turn it on. this really shouldn’t be advertised as a smart home device in my opinion.