Garage Door never calibrates, can I have it ignore the open/close status?

Would you mind sharing where you mounted your camera? I mounted mine under the garage door opener, and it seems to be fine there but now I am wondering if it shakes excessively, but even then, when the door is finally closed, shaking stops and technically it is when it should be reading the QR code for open/close status. I don’t have much other place to mount it, I am trying to figure out where people mount their cameras since you can’t mount it closer than the garage door opener, because the door opens into that space. Can you mount it on the side? I am not sure, maybe? I don’t think it can read the QR code from the side.

My camera is mounted at the back of my garage, about 18’ from the door. So, it appears that my calibration issue is due to the distance from the camera to the UR code.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I installed mine just in front of the garage door opener. That’s about 9 feet back from my door (pic below).

Shaking does not matter, so long as the camera does not vibrate away from its view of the door. The software doesn’t consider the door open for 20 or 30 seconds after it loses sight of the QR code. So it has that long to stop shaking. Most doors fully open or close within 15 seconds.

If your camera travels after shaking, then try tie wrapping it to the rail, or do like I did and make sure the magnet isn’t under a hole in the rail.

Most people in front of the Garage Door Opener to get a good view and avoid the antenna that is usually in the back. That’s what I did:

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.40.12 PM 1

Maybe, as long as the QR code isn’t too distorted.