Garage Door Controller - OPEN/CLOSED status on home page

Does the opener status work on Android? I don’t see it.

No. You can recalibrate it, and it might work for a short while, but it quickly falls out of sync again. I think it would be far more accurate if the camera did the most rudimentary “AI” onboard and compared the current view with snapshots of the door open and the door closed in order to determine its status. :smiley:

It should work on Android. It’s a QR code issue; if the camera can’t see the QR code (light, distance, etc), or if the camera vibrates out of position, then you will have issues.

My camera has been installed since the beginning, and I never have issues with the door status.

Calibration lers alerts work correctly, but no status

If it cannot see the QR code, it should think the door is open, but in the above screenshot, you can see it thinks the door is closed. In this screenshot, it should see the QR code, but it still thinks the door is open.

What is that blinding light in the picture? Is that affecting the reading of the QR code? Also, what app version are you using?

The picture above was illustrating that they couldn’t see the status. You can’t on the live view screen. It shows up on the device Home page. @howardgreenstein10, are you still having any issues?

Hi. Still not seeing the status. Open or closed.

Do you see it on the device home page? If not, what app version are you using, and have you power-cycled the cam/controller?

Blinding? :slightly_smiling_face: To me, it looks like a small smear of light. Either way, it’s the garage-door-opener’s light. It does not appear to affect the visibility of the QR code to the camera. Plus, when the garage door is open and the controller thinks it is closed (in the previous screenshot), there is no QR code present to be affected.

I am always running the latest released version of the Android Wyze app, which today is 2.38.1 (161).

Try angling the camera down a bit to make sure the light isn’t causing you any issues. After that, cycle the power to the cam/controller to make sure it isn’t stuck on the door being closed when it is open.

After that, submit a log, and contact Wyze support with that log number so they can either determine whether your GDC needs replacement, or is in need of Dev intervention. :slight_smile:

Still not seeing it. V2. 38.1 (161)

What is the fix for those who don’t see the garage door status on the ‘Home’ page (e.g. states “Garage Door Controller”) and don’t receive “Door Opened” and “Door Closed” notifications?

Attached is my “Home” page.

I get motion notifications from the v3 cam attached to the garage door controller, but no notification that the door has been opened or that it has been closed.

I ran through a factory reset, deleted the device from my account, re-added the device and successfully installed and calibrated each time.

The door opens correctly and closes correctly from all devices.

I see no notifications and no “Home” page (in the app) status on both my Android and my iOS devices.

I have updated the firmware on all devices.

I have tried all the different ‘press times’ and all open and close the door correctly.

I have moved the camera from 15 feet back, up to 10 feet back. The QR code is flat and directly in front of the camera. The camera view shows the red box around the QR code at all times, which support told me is intended.

Support had no clue why. They had me run through the troubleshooting from their FAQs, which I had already done. They simply want me to send in my logs from both platforms to the developers, but clearly state that they will not have the ability to track or receive feedback from the developers on the results of my logs. Therefore, I will receive no fix from them.

I hope the community can provide a fix since ‘support’ cannot!

YMMV but my solution is to start the QR Calibration process and stop when it asks me to open/close the garage door. After that, my notifications work again (until they don’t).

1 Like

I would first check if the wyze app needs to be updated. That worked for me.

App is latest version on both devices

It may be fixed. I moved the cam off the underside of the garage door motor housing (perhaps the vibrations were affecting QR pickup) that was 11 feet back (perhaps the distance was too far for accurate QR pickup) and moved it to the garage ceiling about 6 feet back from the QR. Now the app seems to update the status with closed/open.

The only thing I don’t see is the emoji icon next to the open/closed status on the Home view of the app. How did you all enable that?

Keyboard emoji. Got it.

The only problem with the keyboard emoji is if you are using Alexa. It used to ignore it, but now it reads it, which is confusing. So in the example above it says “Car Garage” when you are just expecting “Garage”, lol.

Those emojis do wonders though if you are creating rules, and want to know what cameras are involved at a glance:

Well, it’s been a year, now May 2023, and people are still having issues. And if the cameras are “smart”, why the need for a barcode at all? They can recognize a familiar face, a pet, or a package. Why not a open or closed garage door? Why the need for a barcode?

Welcome to the user-to-user community, @Meeks2023!

It is still the dawn of time for AI. Reliability was not there when the algorithm was first developed. Yes, it gets better and better, but the bar code is still the most reliable overall ATM. Maybe this will change soon, things are moving quicker and quicker! :slight_smile: