Full screen orientation not working? iOS 16+/iPhone12

If this is truly a found production app bug, then the users experiencing the bug should create an app log after experiencing the issue then contact Support and provide them with your experience and log numbers so that the info can be recorded, ticket created and forwarded off correctly.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted 2 app logs, # 746823 and # 746858. The Wyze support person I’ve been in contact with is Rocky.

Hoping other Wyze support and/or devs can pipe in and provide an ETA on fix.

2 Likes

@Omgitstony

@Omgitstony
log 748532 sent today

Thanks for all of the information. I suppose a controlled test (if willing to try) would be to run the beta app again and see if it resolves this issue.

If the issue does not persist with the beta (where I am not seeing this issue), we can assume that a resolution is 1already in the works.

On the app when you try and click on the full screen icon on the top right of a v3 it will not switch over to portrait mode . When you click on the icon the whole top right of the screen will disappear including the back button , the name of the camera , the cam plus icon , and gear icon . It’ll also freeze and show you a thumbnail of a minute before

When you click on the icon again everything will come back normally . You have to turn off portrait mode lock on iPhone and then physically tilt the phone to switch over to portrait mode .

Here’s a video of the issue

V3 firmware : 4.36.9.139

App version: 2.35.0 (13)

iOS 16 on iPhone 11

LOG ID # 748166

[MOD NOTE: duplicate topic merged here]

1 Like

THank you for reporting this. We are working on it now.

2 Likes

Thank you all for reporting this. This is a issue related to ios 16 only and we are currently working on fixing it. Will update the ETA once I have that.

5 Likes

Ios 16 brought a lot of bugs to IOS Wyze app users

2 Likes

I’m having this as well. IOS 16.0, iPhone SE 2020

When viewing the live stream, hitting the full screen/rotate icon does nothing. Livestream continues, nothing happens. Rotating the device (with rotation lock disabled) acts as normal.

When viewing an EVENT, rotating the device works as normal, but hitting the full screen shows the full screen controls (slider etc) inside the portrait video window. See screenshot:

All 7 v3’s are still being affected by this bug on the iOS app

V3’s are running on 4.36.9.139

App version : 2.35.0 (13)

This is still happening on ios 16.2 and app 2.38.2

Please fix it

I am on iOS 16.1.2 and Wyze App 2.38.3(3) and don’t have the issue. Did you recently update the iOS? I see that Apple has made changes to the lock screen. Not sure but, that might be the issue. This is an older thread and the issue was solved couple months ago.

I’m using iOS 16.2 and WYZE app 2.38.3 (3) on both my iPhone and iPad. Full screen works for me if I tap the small box icon in the upper right corner or turn the device, works the same. Works on all three V3 cams and the one V3 Pro.

That’s good to know as I was thinking to update my iOS, but than I saw miky’s post and I halted the idea.

Thanks for letting me know that iOS 16.2 is not the culprit.

My iPhone is an SE 2020 and the iPad is a 4th gen. iPad Pro also given to me in 2020.

I think I am a bit more modern than you :wink:
iPhone 11
iPad 5th Gen

My wife has an iPhone 14 Pro with ios 16.2 without any issues on the wyze application.
I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro with 16.2 and the issue exists. I tries reinstalling the app but it didn’t help.

Wyze broke the app again. I don’t get it, it’s like going one step forward two backwards. The new iOS version 2.38.3(3) has a another bug. In landscape mode when viewing a group the bottom camera is cutoff. You have to scroll to view it. See screen capture below:

When you click on a camera it brings the view fine, see below:

When you click on the back arrow it takes you to a single camera view in portrait mode instead back to the group view (see below)

Wyze needs to hire a graphic designer to help them with GUI design. Programers are not designers. All major players in the industry realized that decades ago.

I have been having an issue solely on my iPad and viewing just the pan cam v3 camera and it crops out to the point where I can only read the date and the time stamp part is cut out. It works fine on my iPhone. But the iPad not at all. I use the iPad I. The living room at a distance and the only way sometimes I can tell it’s current is by seeing the time tick up. But now with this new pan cam v3 I can’t see it, however the other older cameras in my list still show up fine. This is the only place I could see where people were possibly talking about the same issue, maybe?

here I added an image of viewing the pancam v3 in full screen mode currently