Include Friendly Faces (and other Cam Protect AI features) with HMS or allow HMS users to purchase Cam Protect

I was going to purchase a Cam Protect subscription so I could get the friendly faces. But I was informed I could not since I have the home monitoring service. Please give those of us that have the full home monitoring service a way to get friendly faces with this subscription since we can’t get Cam Protect.

[Mod Note]: Effective 17NOV2022, Cam Plus Pro will be rebranded as Cam Protect.
[Mod Edit]: Title, tags and request text modified to reflect service name change. Cam Plus Pro is now Cam Protect.

We got some great news 16 days ago. See this post from the Wyze Team. Friendly Faces is coming to CamPlus. When? Don’t know.

But, since you get 1 free CamPlus license with the HMS, you should have it on that cam once they roll it out and any others you have on CamPlus.

5 Likes

Cam protect features in Home monitoring

I want to have the cam protect feature of “friendly faces” as part of Home Monitoring features.

3 Likes

Cam Protect as Feature with Home Monitoring Service

I wanted to make a suggestion because I think this would benefit those who have Home Monitoring service with Wyze.

Please add Cam Protect as a feature to Wyze Home Monitoring. I honestly would pay more money for features like Cam Protect in order to better protect my home and provide better security and peace of mind. Sometimes things go off when I am sleeping and I do not wake up to get the phone call, so having Noonlight look at the footage and everything before alerting law enforcement or emergency services would really be helpful!

2 Likes

I’d like for Cam Protect to be able to recognize Friendly Faces and avoid triggering the Cam Protect alarm.

Specifically: if I am registered as a friendly face, and I walk in front of the camera while Cam Protect is armed, the alarm should not be triggered. If someone who is not registered as a friendly face walks in front of the camera, the alarm should be triggered.

3 Likes

I’m surprised this isn’t implemented fully yet… it’s surprising. Figured HMS would include something like this, even if the price is higher a little, just because your paying for home monitoring, this is a great way to implement things, one mentioned above. How is this not an option to have, add or something

2 Likes

No Glass Break or Gunshot detection for HMS users?

Wyze just introduced glass break and gunshot detection for Cam Protect users only. However, HMS users are excluded from purchasing Cam Protect and cannot access these features.

If Wyze cannot eliminate the mutual exclusiveness of these two services, then glass break and gunshot detection should be made available to HMS users.

3 Likes

AI features would unlock features like:
reduce false positive events
filter events by unFriendly faces
triggers based on unFriendly faces only, example: if it joe, do not trigger siren, but if it not joe trigger alarm. Not sure if you have been in situation when someone is on your house when you are at home, and it is not possible to put on away, because siren will activate, but put on home, allow some flexibility to bad guys do a lot of without trigger a siren, I would like to be able to know, that there is unwanted person on my home, while I’m still there.

What’s the status here? I have HMS and still can’t get Friendly Faces.

1 Like

It still looks like the ONLY way to get these features is to cancel Home Monitoring completely (for existing Home Monitoring users), is that right? Why are home monitoring customers restricted from even adding these features? Is home monitoring going away, maybe? It seems like such an afterthought.

As a Home Monitoring subscriber who wants facial recognition on my Doorbell v2, I anxiously wait for this fix.

1 Like

This should be a huge priority. Honestly a big failure on the products team for not having cam protect features integrated for home monitoring customers. Especially now with the glass break detection and other smart detections.