Forum Operations Feedback Thread

BBpress? I don’t think so.

At the bottom of the forum:

Copyright 2002-2019 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

For kicks I take a look for the same solution in BBpress.

I think what you want to implement is what is called “Secondary Title” plugin.

secondary title

Ah, but we’re not on WordPress, we’re on Discourse. But there is a similar plugin for Discourse that we can look into.

We looked at vBulletin but Discourse has a stronger community and support and has the look and feel that is closer to Wyze style, but happy to take in feedback so we can request and improve this forum.

1 Like

Mark thanks for the reply.

The Airstream forum is at www.airforums.com and is open to anyone. You can visit the forum and see the “mouse over” the title that brings up the text box. It really speeds up reading the forum and finding previous threads and content.

Steve Gschwend

Any idea when multiple camera live view might be available? Or possibly even a specific monitor/app/tablet? We would purchase that in a heartbeat!!

Went live yesterday in the Wyze app.

1 Like

And it’s great!

Loki, I believe this would work nicely for this idea, a plugin named “Topic Tooltips”, "Topic Summary might be handy too.

I’d like to request the external link setting be changed to open in a new browser window instead of the same one.

1 Like

There’s a user-specific setting for that in User Preferences > Interface:

3 Likes

perfect!

That’s great , thanks

1 Like

Any chance of you adding a moisture sensor/water leak detector to your product line?

I recommend using the Search function of the forum. There are posts about the Wyze Sense products that may interest you.

Haven’t see @OverWatch in a while. I miss their insightful commentary.

Why doesn’t the Discourse forum platform sense when I’m missing someone and update me? :slight_smile:

I see that in Discourse > User Dashboard > Preferences > Notifications > Users

we have the option of Muting a user. I’m guessing that if we had the option to Follow a user it would be here. Just checking.

[added]

Don’t see it here either:

You are correct. The ability to follow a particular user is not an option in the forum.

1 Like

In case anyone needs to lead a line with an asterisk without Discourse making it into a bullet, here's some html to achieve it *.

<span style='font-size:100px;'>&#42;</span> 

* html asterisk

Is the top banner acting wonky for anybody else on mobile?

1 Like