Forum Operations Feedback Thread

@Seapup is correct. The structure of the Discourse forum platform can’t really accommodate that. His suggestion to put this info in your user profile is a good one.

3 Likes

Maybe a forum bug or something but my notification for this update claims this item is “Completed”.

[Mod Note]: Your post and associated replies were merged for better visibility.

4 Likes

I saw that too. I believe it was just a result of them trying to reorganize the wishlist structure. I think they had to do some weird stuff with some of the threads while moving them around. It was not intended to be marked completed.

4 Likes

Thank you for pointing that out Customer. carverofchoice is correct. That type of notification “+ xxx completed” is generated by the Discourse software when we do topic-level maintenance. For example, merging topics… Discourse has to run a background job to merge or reallocate votes, adjust post #s, etc. When Discourse has completed the task, the “+ xxx completed” is sent out to anyone that has the Watching flag set on the topic. Since the message doesn’t describe what specific action completed, it’s a useless notification to everyone other than the mod/admin that kicked off the action (Loki in your example). Not sure if we can change who receives this type of notification. @Loki probably knows and has the ability to adjust if possible.

5 Likes

I’m not seeing an obvious setting to change the notification. If it becomes a problem, I can look further into it with Discourse.

3 Likes

I don’t much care myself; I just was temporarily confused that the wishlist item was still open and not “completed”. Thanks for the explanations.

4 Likes

No way to just go back one page on forum is frustrating!

This button takes me all the way out every time ;/

Have you tried swiping the screen from the left to the right ?

Swipe the screen to the left at the middle of the screen , I do it on my phone all the time to go back to the previous screen I was on

1 Like

Yeah. I’m on an iPad but it won’t work either.

@aputman2018 You are accessing the forum from within the Wyze app, yes?

There’s a limitation on how websites are presented within the Wyze app that don’t provide the usual browser controls such as back/forward, etc. The back button you press in the Wyze app is top level, so it does take you all the way out of the app area (forum) that you are in.

It is in the works that accessing the forum (and other community areas) from within the Wyze app will pop you out of the app and into either your phone’s browser or the appropriate app (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Unfortunately. don’t know the timeframe for its implementation.

For now, your best bet is to bookmark forums.wyze.com in your phone’s browser and access the forum from there.

5 Likes

If I need to contact a moderator for an issue not specific to a particular post (for which you can use the ‘flag’ function) should I use the Mods address (by which all mods, and some staff, will be alerted) or should I just pick-a-mod at random and send to them? :slight_smile:

Or should I just pick any post, flag it, and choose ‘Something else’ from the pop-up as the issue, and add an explanation in the text box?

1 Like

@Seapup and @Loki are pretty responsive. Maybe they’ll let you know what to do here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can dm the 'at’mods to send a message to that group, or do the flag of a relevant post and use the something else, which flags that specific reply and sends us a notification and a DM also. I’d say a mod dm is what your looking for if there is no specific post of importance. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, Tony. Here’s a question I would ask:

When you’ve submitted a Wish List topic, and it’s status is listed in your account as ‘Pending,’ how long may it actually be pending - versus already decided against and allowed to expire (if that’s how it works)?

IOW, how does it work and who works it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Th only real question here is what peep really has up his green sleeve.

1 Like

We can’t go on together
With suspicious minds (suspicious minds)
And we can’t build our dreams
On suspicious minds :notes:

1 Like

Mods process the submitted wishlist items. Pending requests could be taken care of quickly, or take longer depending on if some research needs to be done, or if communication with the user need to happen to get more info or clarification, or if mods are busy with real life and can’t get to them right away. If we get a flood of them it takes time to go through them all. Most requests already have existing wishlists floating around so those are merged together and that takes time. It is highly recommended to have folks spend a little extra time searching before submitting for that reason. Sometimes folks send a message that they want their pending wishlists canceled or closed before processing, which is ok and done at the users request.

4 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

No prob! And to the future folks reading this and want to know more, here is a great post that folks should read before submitting items to the Wishlist

Focusing on items 1, 2, 3, and 4 specifically, Making wishlist submissions one single topic or feature is important (saves some back and forth DM action trying to whittle down the submission form processing), make the submission as detailed about that single focus as you can including use cases (saves some more dm action adding detail if needed), having the submitter respond to DMs in a timely fashion, and IMO probably the most important is searching the Wishlist for existing wish lists of the same topic or feature request then adding their vote, use case or information there. (Holy sentence!)

But we are always willing to help and glad to do so! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will also mention they will not expire. They will sit there and nag at us until we do something with them and you will always know what we end up doing with it.

5 Likes