Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Testing…

/edit

Bueno! Everything appeared to be correct re Reply To on two different clients but if it ain’t coming across right, well, I can do the cut/paste no problem…

Thanks @WyzeJasonJ @Loki !

1 Like

Not since dear old Dad died. He taught me how to hit a curve ball. :baseball:

Any suggestion on which category to use for what seem to be general Rules issues? And how come no Rules tag, or did I miss it? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll add Rules in for the different product areas. It wouldn’t fit under the Services area but this is a good callout! Thanks!

4 Likes

Alright, you should now be able to use the tag for “rules” in different areas! It’s still going to make you choose a specific product but you can type it in after that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks Gwendolyn! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My pleasure!

3 Likes

Wyze support promised to replace a faulty camera. That was a month ago. It never arrived! Please let me know when it will be here.

Robert Devaney

Welcome, @devabob! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, this is a user-to-user forum and not a support site for Wyze. Wyze has a presence here, but not the support arm of Wyze. The best way to contact them is by phone at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT.

Thanks!

6 Likes

This is a great forum, lots of good people who offer a great deal of technical knowledge, and the support staff is friendly and helpful. I do however have some feedback for improvement based on a recent incident:

1. State explicitly in the Community Guidelines that this forum is not for political discussions and insults. Some people have sneaked in disparaging comments about an entire section of the population. This should not be tolerated by Wyze as a business and in this forum (or anywhere for that matter). This forum should only be about Wyze products. It should be inclusive and welcoming to all Wyze customers regardless of their political affiliation or non-affiliation.
  2. Moderators should apply the rules equally, fairly and objectively. There should be a system in place for appeals and reviews to ensure non-bias, fairness and non-targeting.
    Keep up the good work!
1 Like

Good write-up. :slight_smile: There are actually some rules to that effect already in the Community Guidelines:

• Keep posts relevant to Wyze.
  • Do not post political rhetoric
  • Avoid name-calling
  • Avoid personal attacks
  • Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, condescending, advocating for violence, or hate speech.

If you see discussions that make you uncomfortable, don’t reply to them, flag them below the message. Check “Something Else”, and explain what you think is wrong. It is helpful if everyone participates, as the volunteer mods are not always able to review every post.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

More info here:

7 Likes

Cheap shot

So are you the person they are talking about?

Let’s just say I have a history with him. He made accusations about my posts that were unfounded and untrue. Carverofchoice can verify this

I wanted you guys to know that I absolutely LOVED your business model when I bought my two indoor cameras. Since then though, I’m disappointed at how you have evolved.

My house is nearly 100% smart now, with your competition’s hardware. I was looking for a door lock today, and made sure I looked at everything except your hardware for my solution.

Why? Because you offered us an option for cameras, but you would not allow us to use your cameras for our own home security projects. Maybe you offered at some point your custom firmware, but you ignored many people’s plea for updates and help with that firmware.

I understand, you need to make money, and using the cloud to do that is viable for that. I just wanted you to know that it cost you a customer today however.

Thanks,

Gary Rubin

We crawl then we walk and eventually we run…

Growth can be painful. Each new start up company will stumble through their pubescent Years as they grow into adulthood. Some wander around in the dark until they eventually fall into a hole or are devoured by competing companies that have chosen a different plan to move forward I hope and pray that Wyze steps back and looks at their plan and figures out what they’re doing wrong we, as users already know.

I still believe in them and I think that they can turn it around everything that they put out so far has a good hardware build it’s the firmware and software that seems to need a lot of help.

I get a queasy feeling in my stomach every time they release a new firmware wondering what I’ll lose capability wise for what they give me in return.

Factually, every investor (buyer of their product) has a vested interest in the company I’m going to hang around and hopefully be around when they turn it around.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sync time fails on all V2 cameras

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze DashCam

A post was split to a new topic: Wyze Night Light

Did anyone answer your question?