Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Hello, oh Wyze Gwendolyn !
I’m sure you are being bombarded with questions at the moment. The impending announcement has created a bigger buzz than “Murder Hornets” ! Will there be a chance for the early access for Wyze users that have been in the program for a long time, or is it going to be a feeding frenzy like never seen since the band and scale? Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting the outdoor camera.
Thanks for all you do for us, and even those complainers in the forum !
Jimmy

1 Like

Everything is wonderful!

I love that there’s a forum but every time I click on and read any thread then hit the back button it takes me back to the Help & Feedback page and I have to do my search all over again and it’s SO FRUSTRATING!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, when you look at the forum from within the Wyze app, not all normal browser functions are available. I’d suggest setting a bookmark in your browser to forums.wyzecam.com. This will let you read the forum with full browser functionality.

2 Likes

Create a separate forum category for “Outdoor Camera”? All other posts are getting lost in the WCO weeds. My $0.02 …

I really want to like WYZE despite my stron worded critical messages. But today WYZE overdid itself.
Got the annousement about the Outdoor Cam. I ordered it on the spot without critical review.
I spent 15 minutes reviewing the available information and promptly canceled the order which still was “in processing”. There was no CANCEL order option on the order or listof orders pages si I had to jump thru hoops to accomplish at least sending the cancelation message to Wyze on their own website.
An hour+ later I received the order confirmation so I replied to sender store @wyze.com … - and shortly I received the message that store@wyze.com is not monitored and instructed to write to support@wyze.com. So I wrote to support@wyze.com, and shortly received the message that the email is not monitored, with new direction to write to the website.
Really? WYZE ?
Anyway the Outdoor CAM is poorly designed and clearly not for serious users. If you want to spend life monitoring and changing batteries and being monetized by Wyze.
Unfortunately Wyze will follow the money and charge us for nothing. Any product that requires internet connection and is incapable of providing its full capabilities locally is useless.
As to the Outdoor Camera - mounting on manget - have you ever heard about squirrels or birds or thiefs that simply steal the unattached camera. I am sure you designed it that way so the thief does not damage the house when stolen. The lack of weather sealed reliable constant power supply is disqualifying. Cannot even connect the solar cell properly. And requirement to push buttons at any time after initial startup is also disqualifying. You instited on proprietary protocols - make the devices reboot and restart if they lose connecting with the mothership.
We are not here to be monetized and we are not here to hack and spend out lives changing batteries.

Amen :pray:

Finally launched the outdoor cam. I am so disappointed. No PTZ, No continuous recording, No AC power, and only attached with a magnet so anyone can grab it and run. Wired connection from the base station to my router? Seriously? Only 4 cameras allowed?
I’ll buy a couple to try it out but I think my V2 inside a peanut butter jar is a better solution. Now if Kraft would just improve the optical quality of their jars…

1 Like

BEST LINE… "Now if Kraft would just improve the optical quality of their jars…!!! "

2 Likes

I was a little disappointed in the new wireless outdoor camera. From the you tube video it states that the range is only 50 foot. A 100 foot range would have been more usable to capture license plate numbers of people entering your driveway. A 200 foot range would have opened up many more uses. The camera should have had an option for an external antenna to increase range.

I would assume that increasing the transmitter power would reduce battery life. I guess another option would be to produce a wireless repeater for the camera so it could be mounted several hundred feet away.

In the open the range is 300 feet. More info here.

Oh, shoot. We are super sorry about that. I’ll tell the team that we need to update the automated message for the shop email right away.

If you haven’t already, please use support.wyze.com to get in touch with the customer support team. Alternatively, you could also use 206-339-9646 to call us during our open hours.

We apologize for the poor experience we provided you.

Plus one on the cancel order thing. Nice looking website on the front but I think there’s just one guy behind a curtain on the other side. Terribly disappointed.

Oh it turns out there really are human beings back there. I got an email that my order has been cancelled and refunded. So it’s the website that’s not overly friendly. The people are good.

2 Likes

There’s at least three humans behind the curtain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quipping aside, our apologies for the trouble, daveloz!

@nobody, I received confirmation that the shop email has been updated to point people in the correct direction. Thanks for letting me know about that issue!

1 Like

I think I found what I need! The OUTDOOR CAMERA, why I can’t order? I’m from Canada and me and my family reaaly need this, how can I purchase this please?

1 Like

I can wait to get my hands on several of the wyze cou
Outdoor cams. One upgrade I would suggest is making some or all of the outer casing a solar panel. This way the camera still is wire free and you dont have to worry about replacing a dead battery. I realize with a solar panel that small it doesn’t mean you could use the camera full time but for security purposes a trickle charge would be helpful. Just a thought.

1 Like

It may be possible to hack A small cell from harbor freight.

2 Likes

Could but I’d rather have Wyze build it in. Because if I did add it on it is still rigging it. And then I just have another Ring camera with a solar panel add on and they look like crap.

Hello, I would like to know if I can have two separate accounts, one for my home and one for my business. So I can use Wyze at both places at the same time. Thanks