Forum Operations Feedback Thread

I personally don’t use Apple products. -shrugs-

I am also using Chrome.

2 Likes

Thanks Gwendolyn, @nerdland . I just disabled extensions and it works. Looks like one of those puppies is intervening.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out! Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always a safe bet when having browser issues. Turn off extensions. Now if I could just figure out how to do that with ME?

Hmmm, maybe @StopICU33 knows. I notice they’ve recently switched to the iPad team and they’re probably overflowing with new discoveries!

Hey Stop’, can ya help a feller out? :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, back in the Windows-with-a-keyboard ghetto:

Windows (at least my version) doesn’t have a native Clipboard viewer/editoraster_5  but bare-bones you can workaround thusly:

1. PrtSc (key on keyboard) to grab full screen
  2. Open Windows Paint applet
  3. Paste (Ctrl+V) into Paint
  4. Crop and add arrows, highlight boxes, text, etc
  5. Select all (Ctrl+A)
  6. Copy (Ctrl+C)
  7. Go to the open post you’re composing here in Wyzeburg and
  8. Paste (Ctrl+V)

I use a light shareware graphics program called IrfanView for a little slicker experience. Properly setup (not that hard) with IrfanView running and minimized:

1. Crtl+F11 displays a crosshairs over whatever’s displayed onscreen
  2. Move crosshairs to the top-left corner of whatever you want to capture
  3. Drag to the lower-right corner of same
  4. Left-Click captures and
  5. IrfanView opens and displays whatever you defined
  6. Add arrows, highlight boxes, text, etc
  7. Ctrl+A to Select All
  8. Ctrl+C to Copy
  9. Go to the open post you’re composing here in Wyzeburg and
  10. Ctrl+V to Paste

aster_5 It has, since Windows 7, called the Snipping Tool. See subsequent posts.

1 Like

Yes, I did break my Android tradition and now trying out this new iPad. I really like it so far even though it’s a bit of a learning curve for me. I am happy with this investment. :grinning:

Windows Key + Shift + S key will do the same thing as your second method with IrFanView but it does not require IrFanView

1 Like

I love :heart: my iPad and really use mine a lot!

2 Likes

I can understand the love affair. :heart_eyes: It’s super nice. All my Wyze cams stream very smoothly and the app is working great so far.

Windows 8 ghetto. No go. :wink:

1 Like

Jeez, I got that totally wrong, huh? LOL.

You meant turn off YOUR extensions to troubleshoot YOURSELF.

peep :dimbulb:

1 Like

So, do you guys do all your work here on a tablet with onscreen keyboard?
@rbruceporter @StopICU33

1 Like

I use my tablets here on the forum quite a bit, but not all the time. I use my Windows 10 pc the rest of the time.

2 Likes

I use my iPhone, like now, and my iPad about 70% of the time, the other 30% I use my MacBook. I have Linux and Windows systems but those are VM’s I use for work.

1 Like

I use windows Snipping Tool , it’s already in windows accessories , and most of the time I just use the rectangular mode , after making my selection it is saved to my clipboard then I can just paste it into a reply box here

2 Likes

Yeah, I was just now playing with that, prompted by @rbruceporter’s gentle hint. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using IrfanView from the first year which is a LOT of years and I’ve developed tunnel vision to some native features, it seems…

3 Likes

I have been using IrfanView for a long time , my daughter turned me on to the snipping tool,
On my PC I can go to the slide out menu thing bottom right on the taskbar and access the Screen Snip which is basically the same thing as the Snipping Tool , you just get a slimmed down version pop up

3 Likes

I usually hold down the windows key + print screen. Then it goes straight into my screenshots folder. Then I drag and drop it into the editor. All works about the same. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Schooled! Thanks y’all! :grinning:

3 Likes