Forum Operations Feedback Thread

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ALARM function

MODERATOR NOTE: Just a reminder to all posting here that this topic is about the Wyze forum software features and any observations, difficulties and comments on using it.

Please post other comments and requests on the existing threads on those subjects or start a new topic in #ask-the-community if you don’t find an existing one.

Several such posts have been merged out of or split off from this thread as a result.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I just found a little issue with the forum I hadn’t noticed before. I wondered why I wasn’t able to see and separate posts by drafts or just my posts or things like that and I just realized the layout of the forum ( at work I’m forced to use Microsoft edge most times) apparently edge scrambles the layout and actually hides those different “filters” on my page.

here is what im talking about.

1 Like

Yup, those activity filters (Topics, Replies, Likes, etc) should be in a column to the left of the list. The obvious solution is to use a different browser, but if you are stuck with Edge due to workplace restrictions, that’s a problem. I’ll tag @CaptainMark and @BrandonS so that they can let Discourse know about the drawing problem with Edge.

2 Likes

thank you much sir. its just a small issue, ive been getting around the forum just fine :slight_smile:

just a tiny forum/ browser bug. no biggie. im on chrome right now at home and its quite a lovely layout.

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging us in, Loki! I’ll check with our Discourse team so we can help figure out what is going on and I’ll post back here with updates once we can get that fixed. If you see any more issues or anything else comes up, please tag me in. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I prefer not to use the Wyze app to navigate the forums on my phone because the Wyze app:

1. Loses my place in the forums when I view cameras
  2. It loses the draft of a post when I open another app
  3. Phone’s keyboard covers the text box when creating a forum post

Now I can’t even load the Wyze forums in a mobile browser because Wyze’s website seems to force the Wyze app to load after I login to Wyze. How can I prevent this?

1 Like

forums.wyzecam.com loads fine on my Samsung J3 running Android 7.1.1

1 Like

I’m attempting to load with Samsung Note8, Android 8.0.0

I use my PC for the forum But I tested it out for ya and , With the Chrome browser I have no problem Loading the Forum web page On My Android v9.0- Samsung S9+ desk top view also works fine.
Also loads up fine through the wyze app

1 Like

Are you using the Wyze app or a mobile browser?

Mobile browser (Chrome). I don’t have a “production” Wyze app, just Beta’s.

1 Like

I updated Android (8.0.0) Chrome (75.0.3770.101) and it’s not redirecting to the Wyze app any more.

Updated the Android (8.0.0) Wyze app (v2.4.24) and the drafts are being saved now (#2 above).

The keyboard still covers up the text box when using the Wyze app (not mobile browsers) to reply in the forums. Both the SwiftKey and Samsung keyboards cover it on my Samsung Note8.

One of your big competitors as a forum almost exactly like this (same layout and design, so I assume it open-source). They have a lot of giveaways… just saying :joy:

1 Like

Some posts Are not showing who I replied to, I click on the right reply Button

If you click the REPLY button that’s part of the post, the reply is to that post. If you click the REPLY button with the solid background lower down, then you are replying to the topic in general.

Yeah I know , That’s what I’m saying I click the button that’s part of the post But it didn’t work right a couple times.
It acted just as if I had clicked the solid background lower down,
Not a real big deal I guess And it’s not doing it every time.
I deleted one post because I thought I did it wrong But when I was sure clicked the right reply It didn’t work right

1 Like

Hey HDRock, you are not alone. I have noticed this as well. When I reply to a person it is not responding ever time. I thought it was just me forgetting but no it has done this twice with me today. Something is not working with reply buttons. :thinking:

2 Likes

Does the page look strange at all when this happens or is it just not responding properly?