Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Great question! The answer is (mostly) yes.

Click the search icon (magnifying glass), then click the image symbol at the right end of the search box to bring up Advanced search. If you already have a search open, click Advanced Filters that appears just under the search box.

Next click the popup menu labeled “Any” in the lower left corner. You will see options for “I’m watching” and “I’m tracking”. Choose one of those and leave all other fields and options blank/default and you will get a list of Watched or Tracked topics.

Shortcut: You may notice that when you select “I’m watching”, it puts “in:watching” in the search box. You can just type “in:watching” or “in:tracking” in the search box directly to speed this up.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a way to similarly display only Muted topics at this time. I’m looking into that.

6 Likes

After a bit more investigation, found you can use this URL to pull up Muted topics: forums.wyzecam.com/latest/?state=muted

You can substitute “watched” or “tracking” for “muted” in that URL to get Watched and Tracked topics.

And, there are handy buttons for these URLs, but not in an obvious place. If you go to Preferences > Notifications > Categories, you will see just above the righthand end of category entry box for Watched, Tracked and Muted a link/button labeled “Show”. These will bring up the appropriate URL. Example:

6 Likes

Thanks @Loki! Absolutely what I was looking for!

2 Likes

How do i access a direct connection to a WYZE staff member about an account issue that needs to be dealt with. Why do businesses like yours make it so difficult to be able to contact account staff directly???

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

3 Likes

For starters, why isn’t there a direct contact area on your website providing this information?

Why should I have to create a “support ticket” to deal with a question that I have related to an account issue?

Why don’t you at least have an “800” number if one has to call to deal with an issue?

The above issues are[ so typical with any company in today’s world that gets bigger. They go out of their way to make any personal access to staff as difficult as possible.

MOD NOTE: remainder of this post has been split off to a new topic since it does not directly relate to forum operation.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/cam-plus-trial-subscription/

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cam Plus trial subscription

This forum is primarily a user-to-user community. Forum Moderators and Forum Mavens are not Wyze employees. We are fellow Wyze users who volunteer our time to answer technical questions and help keep this forum running smoothly. Wyze employees are identified via “Wyze Team” or “Wyze Employee” following their forum user name. Wyze employees do not actively monitor this forum. If you wish to speak to a Wyze employee/representative, please contact them directly by calling the Customer Support number listed on the Contact Us page. The standard contact info link is located on all wyze.com pages in the footer:

vbzt46Gj71

A toll-free number is listed at the bottom of the Contact Us page.

5 Likes

Not sure if this already exists, idk how to search the 840 posts in this thread…

When creating a wishlist post, it should automatically receive the creators vote. Not sure if this is possible, or if it would be a suggestion to Discorse.

2 Likes

I believe this has come up before and I do agree with you, however it is not something we have control over, it is something Discourse would have to implement.

4 Likes

For future reference, when you start searching something, you can select “in this topic” underneath where you are typing and it will search just within the thread you are in. :+1:

Your question was fine though. :slight_smile: As Jason said, I think the Discourse devs would have to make the voting work that way though. I’ve posted some requests in their forum before: https://meta.discourse.org/

7 Likes

This was brought up with Discourse last year. There are two reasons why it is not done:

1. Voting can be enabled for any kind of topic, not just “wishes”. Some Discourse sites use voting for things that the OP may want to see votes for, but not necessarily vote for themselves. Rare situation, I know, but possible.
  2. Discourse sites can set a quota on the number of votes a user has available to “spend”. (We don’t limit the number of votes on the Wyze forum.) If a user had used up all of their votes, they would not be able to submit a topic.
5 Likes

Will this work?

Or could a ‘Service Advisory’ tag be introduced?

I assume RSS on the Service Status & Known Issues page is a non-starter for some reason.

3 Likes

I don’t think Wyze is going to implement an RSS on the service advisory page. But I like the idea of a service-advisory tag so you can watch that without having to get notified of other “important” stuff. I’ll see if we can do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: The tag “service-advisory” has been created and applied to the most recent such topic. It will be applied to such topics going forward.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Customizable notifications (Incl: Android Notification Channels)

When the Captured on Wyze category was removed I think it was suggested people post instead in the Cameras category with the video tag:

https://forums.wyze.com/tags/c/cameras/20/video

But I don’t think most people know this or use the category/tag combo consistently.

I propose that mods create a Captured on Wyze topic that includes the link above and pin it somewhere prominent (maybe at the top of the Cameras and Watercooler categories at least?)

Once at the Cameras/video list of existing Topics, clicking NEW TOPIC automatically fills in the correct category/tag.

And bookmarking it in one’s browser provides quick access. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering what happened to that category. For a bit I thought it was a Mandela effect. :joy:

2 Likes

Hey there peep, long time. In reply to your post, lots of things, some good some bad and some probably terrible that I’ve seen posted and suggested and then seemingly ignored while others seem to float to the top of the pot

it’s the lack of consistency that seems to irritate people the most. “The old saying two steps forward one step back” seems to come in to play as Murphy enters the room.

It seems to me that they’re making progress but they’re having to fight for it every inch of the way peoples patience isn’t what it should be.

I’ve managed to limit my posts partly because of the responses but mostly because it’s like spitting into the wind, arm wrestling superman, or sword fighting Zorro…

Either way peep it’s good to hear from you good to see they haven’t beat you down yet

2 Likes

I’d like Wyze to reconsider the advantages of a Captured on Wyze category.

6 Likes

I like this idea!

Here’s your new topic:

7 Likes