Forum Operations Feedback Thread

This question is actually about the website. I have 2FA enabled. It works great, thank you. Where on the site (ecom or forums) can I go to get recovery codes? It’s not intuitive and I have not been able to find anything about 2FA since setting it up.

Thanks

[Mod Note]: Your topic and replies were merged for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts.

1 Like

Here is Wyze’s knowledge article on 2FA.

I believe this is the section you are looking for (At the bottom of the Knowledge Article)

Changing Two-Factor Authentication Settings

Currently, for SMS authentication, once a number has been added it can’t be changed without completely disabling the Two-Factor Authentication option from your account’s settings. Once this is done, re-enabling 2FA will walk you through adding a new Primary Number and an optional Backup Number.

For the Authenticator App version of 2FA, there is no way to retrieve your Recovery Code from within the Wyze app if you lose it. That being the case, if you ever lose your Recovery Code while still logged into the Wyze app, we recommend disabling then re-enabling 2FA to generate a new Recovery Code.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: IMPORTANT: Cloud Storage Change 2022

A post was split to a new topic: Hey love the cameras

RSS feed me! :hungary:

Could Wyze please disrupt these pages with a little RSS code?

It will distinguish you as among the most advanced disruptors in the industry, a mantle I’m sure you’ll wear well and proudly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks!

PS, I think you can RSS subscribe to, like, the News category of the Forum, but updates from the above pages don’t appear there, AFAIK. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

[Mod Edit] *Merged with an existing thread about forum feedback and enhancements. WIshlist items are for Wyze Product device and feature requests. *

I was introduced to Wyze via the purchase of a V3 Camera and two WCO’s in March of 2021.

Upon opening the Wyze App on my iPHone, I saw the “Edit Rules” setting there, front and center in the main screen of the Wyze App, and might of clicked into it to see what it was, and promptly exited it as I did not see any value for me at that time with creating a rule.

Here I am, a year later, with a few more devices… I’ve lost count… but I’ve added more V3’s, more WCO’s, a couple of Pan Cam v2’s, four Wyze Plugs, Six Wyze Color Bulbs, the 1st Gen Video Doorbell, also purchase a Wyze Home Monitoring on sale, simply to get the hub so I could use motion sensors (box came with one, and have purchased two more stand alone sensors), etc.

So… I’ve started to attempt to put together some rules.

I’m I alone in thinking that the Rules are in need of a major reboot? Along with this thread?

I’ve seen wishlist, where there is one basic Wish (My favorite wishlist): Landscape View For Tablets

Landscape for iPads and Android Tablets: this wishlist is fairly straight forward, Users want basically one thing to occur. Landscape in the App for those devices.

Where as this wishlist for “Add More Actions for Wyze Rules”, having the common items of “Wyze Rules” encompasses a plethora of rules that may or may not be related to each other.

Not sure how this wishlist could be better managed, but the ‘shotgun’ effect of the multitude of ideas swirling around in this one thread makes it difficult for me to follow everything here. (that said, I have waded through this wishlist and discovered some great ideas of what to do with rules, while at the same time stepped away from this specific wishlist wondering how in the world any Wyze Employee who might be responsible for implementing and maintaining all of the request that continue to be tossed into this mosh pit of great or not so great ideas.)

Perhaps this is another echo chamber, where great suggestions go to die, much like:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/landscape-view-for-tablets/6747

For the Landscape View for Tablets wishlist item… Wyze, when/if, they implement Landscape as requested, they can mark that wish list item off as ‘Implemented’

How is Wyze ever going to move “Add More Actions for Wyze Rules” from “Wishlist Maybe-later” to the “RoadMap”, Will each individual wish in this wishlist be plucked out of here and move into the RoadMap individually?

Something needs to change, IMO, on how this wishlist item is managed.

Or, would it be wrong to say this is a true echo chamber?

SJ

[Mod Note]: Your post was merged to this topic for better visibility as it is not a request to Add More Actions for Wyze Rules. Please avoid diverting a topic by changing it midstream.

Not sure what rule I violated, please point out my specific violation, my posting was in context, IMO

I’ll go back and post just the last part, as it is what I was leading up to with my comment:

How is Wyze ever going to move “ Add More Actions for Wyze Rules ” from “ Wishlist Maybe-later ” to the “ RoadMap ”, Will each individual wish in this wishlist be plucked out of here and move into the RoadMap individually?

SJ

Please follow the link to the Community Guidelines concerning keeping this forum tidy and diverting a topic by changing it midstream.

Your post is not a request to add an Action to Wyze Rules. Your post seeks to open discussion for changing the Wishlist policies and methods set forth by Wyze which are managed by forum volunteers (mods) who also ensure the Wyze Guidelines are adhered to. The reasoning behind consolidating Actions into one Wishlist topic is explained in the 1st post.

I understand your frustration with what appears to be slow movement by Wyze in implementing Landscape View and Wishlist topics in general. There are many ways to implement a change request system. Wyze, with feedback from community members, chose this method that exists today. If you would like to suggest more effective alternatives to the change request system (Wishlist) or other forum operations, this topic “Forum Feedback”, is the best place to be heard by Wyze next to speaking to Wyze in person.

1 Like

How is Wyze ever going to move “ Add More Actions for Wyze Rules ” from “ Wishlist Maybe-later ” to the “ RoadMap ”, Will each individual wish in this wishlist be plucked out of here and move into the RoadMap individually?

SJ

[Mod Note]: Your post was merged to this topic for better visibility as it is not a request to Add More Actions for Wyze Rules . Please avoid diverting a topic by changing it midstream.

Requested Actions that have been implemented are listed in the 1st post as “Existing Rule Actions”.

Requested Actions to be implented are listed in the 1st post as “Requested Rule Actions”.

The topic will remain a Wishlist item until all items listed in “Requested Rule Actions” are implemented.

As a solution architect, I see this as unmanageable. The concept of a wish-list isn’t bad, but it should be simpler for us users to be able to track, and easier for mods to sort out moving and reclassing requests. A simple list like

• Make Dog Bark when Camera triggers - 200 votes - in production (include a vote button)
    rather than a forum that can accept posts would be simpler to read and require less management and less need to answer these questions.
    I appreciate that Wyze wants user input on future dev, but this is awkward.
1 Like

Unable to log-in to Forum since this morning, server accepts kaptcha response, then “Unknown Error, try again or contact Wyze”, using Firefox (my trouble-free standard lately) and Chrome, same error… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Having same problem here all day. Call support 206.339.9646.

Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.
-or-
We’re sorry, an unknown error occured. Please try again and
contact customer support if this continues.
Request Id: 011130ff-27e2-46eb-b703-280e1aae5876

1 Like

That is weird, I wonder why it is only affecting some people and not others? Or maybe it is affecting everyone, but some of us are allowed to stay logged in because our cookies keep us logged in and aren’t requiring the captcha, but if we log out then we’d be stuck too. I am afraid to test that as I don’t want to be locked out of the forums…I would have withdrawals…

1 Like

Tried to logon from a device I have never used, this was the error.

2 Likes

Same here… I’ve been unable to log in all day. It was just fixed about 20 minutes ago. :+1:

Yep, you have that correct. I logged out last night. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I’m in! Your ticket (1845474) has been updated. Able to log-in now. :smile: :confetti_ball:
Here is part of the response:
Upon checking, we are encountering issues with signing in. We are working on this as of the moment.
Please sign in again after a few hours. If you still were not able to sign in, please let us
know and send us a screenshot of the error.

4 Likes

Me, too! Thanks for opening a ticket… :grin:

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen, is there a possibility to get another badge category added to the main forum page?

I know we have all the topic category badges there like Beta, News, Wishlist and such. But could there be an ‘In the Shop’ or ‘Under Repair’ or ‘Devs Working’ badge?

What I am proposing is that when a topic identifies a bug and Wyze confirms it or an issue that Wyze developers have picked up and are working on fixing, all the many redundant topics addressing that same issue are moved over there and consolidated under one sub-badge category within that area. Like “Notifications Missing”, or “CamPlus Lite” or “App Update Not Available” etc.

At the top of each of these sub-categories could be a stationary banner or a pinned post accessible to Wyze Staff only (no replies or posting) containing regular updates on the progress of the issue. Whenever Wyze posts a progress update, every poster gets the push or email across all the many topics under say 'Notifications Missing" category.

When a new post comes in that has to do with that very topic, it can be moved over to the corresponding “Under Repair” subtopic by the moderators and the poster would receive a massage that "this topic is actively being worked by Wyze. Please review the status updates, topics and posts in the Notifications Missing - Under Repair by Wyze area.

My thought is that it would cut down on the various topics and posts that are out there dealing with the same issue and also keep posters well informed so we don’t get wrapped around the axle when it isn’t fixed yesterday and we haven’t heard of any progress.

I know that it is probably a bit more complicated than I described. It’s more of a big picture idea. But you deal with the nuts-n-bolts of the forum so I thought you might be able to brainstorm it.

Thanks for reading! Be safe and well!

1 Like

You’ve got some good thoughts there. Were you aware of these two pages?

Also, when there are active issues with significant impact, they are generally pinned in the #news category.

Beyond that, I can’t speak for Gwendolyn, but I’d say that Wyze probably doesn’t have the staff to go much beyond these resources that are already in place.

5 Likes