Forum Operations Feedback Thread

It’s in the plan! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sweet! Maybe I should read more lol.

I honestly don’t recall if it came up elsewhere. :slight_smile:

Well thank you for the information! I’ve admistered and moderated many forums before but have never ran across this particular developer. The forums are smooth.

I have told all my friends and family about Wyze.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve been very happy with this forum. It’s versatile and easy to use.

Thank you so much for your support, Demonfire! We appreciate you spreading the word about us. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Y’all

Are the links that appear as pictured below selectable - or does the forum software choose them?

Here’s something else I’ve been toying with. Below are two links embedded behind the words “as have” and “others”:

In the first case, I think I asked the right question (as have others) and Wyze never stepped in to officially dispel the confusion by providing an informed answer.

I’d like to make them a little more prominent without disrupting the flow of the post - like with a pop-up preview on mouse-over. Also, as it stands, tallied clicks for the links aren’t displayed and the links don’t appear in the “Popular Links” section at post bottom.

I came up with this using the “hide details” function:

In the first case, I think I asked the right question, as have others

links

and Wyze never stepped in to officially dispel the confusion by providing an informed answer.

Ideas?

I believe that they appear when people link a specific post but otherwise aren’t selectable.

For your link issue, I would first recommend against using two links right next to each other like that because it isn’t readily apparent that there were two links. Even if you had a preview like you’re thinking it’s still something that may be missed by some.

I’m not really well-versed in the popular links section or what counts as a click (or if any are missing) so I’m sorry to say that’s the end of the help that I can offer right now. But we’ll take the pop-up idea under consideration. :slight_smile:

Agreed!

1 Like

As @UserCustomerGwen indicated, those links are automatically generated by the forum to show you other posts/topics that have linked back to the one you are reading.

Are you aware that if you paste a link on a line by itself, the forum will expand it into a boxed preview? Maybe that is more prominent than what you want.

If you don’t want the boxed preview, you can put each link on a line by itself, but use the link function to give it a text name. This prevents the boxed preview, like this:

Green box for motion tagging, Red box for notifications

Notification zone over top of motion detection zone

without having to use the hide details function.

I believe the popular links display is based on the total number of clicks on that link across the forum, not just that topic.

2 Likes

Interesting, Loki, thanks! (Linked-back tally, good.)

Yeah, I’m familiar with that “onebox” feature, and yeah it seemed too prominent, and yeah the separate line thing was still too prominent for my delicate sensibilities. :slight_smile:

Funny, I think after your having followed the links I had too-close embedded, it DID tally, and that spacing-by-tally is just enough of an attention flag to satisfy me (I can remember when a popsicle on a hot day could do it.) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A post was split to a new message: Like alert problem

Clicking on a link opens a new Window, In the past it did not .
Boy am I glad you fixed this .:+1::smiley:

Well , shoot , something is wacked out , When I click on a forum link I get logged out and have to log back in :thinking:

A post was split to a new message: Like alert problem
@Loki When I click this link , I get

A post was split to a new topic: How to schedule various actions

Am I missing something obvious or are these forum posts backwards? Most forums show the newest entries first so it’s easy to follow the latest updates but the only way I can see the latest post on a topic is to scroll through many pages of old posts that I’ve already seen many times.

Hey, jd

One way that works consistently:

If you click on the “time elapsed since last post” number in the Acitivty column (as depicted below) it takes you to the latest post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

@HDRock… That’s because the post was split off to a private message for, well, privacy.

2 Likes

I am new to the community with six cameras and growing. I am stoked by the quality of the cameras. I look forward to new products to be released ESPECIALLY the outdoor cams.

2 Likes