Forum Operations Feedback Thread

3 posts were split to a new topic: Favorite Cookies

Just getting your post about the Edit feature…

The problem I have is that I use the Forum on a mobile device. When I use that edit feature, if I select text too low on the screen, the popup floating edit window appears toward the bottom of my screen. When I click in the window to type, the keyboard pops up (half the screen) and hides the popup edit window. If I scroll the forum up to see what is now behind the keyboard, the forum posts will scroll up, but the popup edit floating box is anchored to the position it was in when it was popped. It never moves up.

If I use that, I have to be sure to highlight the text as close to the top of the screen as possible so that the resulting floating popup text window will be in the top half of the screen where the keyboard won’t obscure it.

@Loki, is this something we can ask Discourse to address?

5 Likes

I will ask.

3 Likes

Interesting, I have never used that edit button right there. I just now did, and yes the little popup window thing appeared and it was way off to the side, causing my browser to horizontally scroll on mobile. Not a great experience.

I guess I will continue to not use that button lol

2 Likes

Discourse says they can reproduce the issue and are looking into a fix.

6 Likes

Uploading MP4, less than the 5.86 MB max, encoded the same as those I’ve uploaded for the last year, notifies of upload complete:

but stalls there, never renders or errors out over several minutes. Close entry form to abort.

Success as recently as this one:

:man_shrugging:

/edit

Trying smaller file sizes…

MB
2.2 ok
3.7 ok
4.7 ok
5.3 ok
good enough :slight_smile:

Maybe a server (or user) anomaly (this morning)?

Rock on…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pan Cam - Suggestions for motion tracking

After posting a Topic, I have the option to delete it for a certain number of minutes. If someone posts a comment to it, I can no longer self-delete.

Correct? If so, how many minutes? :slight_smile:

TL0 and TL1 users can edit their posts for 24 hours. TL2+ users (which includes you) have no edit limit. I’m not aware of any separate limit for deleting posts.

2 Likes

/edit

Well, I created a test Topic and was able to immediately delete it.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/a-test-post/267407?u=peepeep

So, I donno. :slight_smile:

Loki, as a fairly long time why is associate and customer sometimes in good standing and other times that is a little bit debatable I am curious as anything can be as to what tier I am

1 Like

You can see your own trust level and that of any other member by viewing the profile as shown below:

If you don’t see this line of the profile, click the EXPAND button, top right. To navigate to a user profile, click their username on any post of theirs, then click the username again on the popup card.

Translation of Trust Level numbers to names is as follows:

TL0: New User
TL1: Basic User
TL2: Member
TL3: Regular
TL4: Leader (this one’s reserved for staff)

If you’re curious, here are the current counts of users at each TL:

By the way, these are the default trust level names that Discourse provides. We have been considering changing the TL names to something more Wyze-specific, but we haven’t come up with a list that makes us jump for joy. So if you have ideas, post them here.

4 Likes

A fix for the Quick Edit feature on mobile has been deployed to our site. Please test and report back if it’s not fixed.

3 Likes

Wow, that was fast! Looks like it’s fixed here!

2 Likes

Thanks for running this up and following up.

Somewhat of a fix. Then not fixed.

Originally, if the text highlighted is high enough on the screen to show the popup edit box in the top half of the screen, the box appears. If the highlighted text is too low and the popup box will be obscured, the standard full message edit box appears.

However, the reference break point for that decision seems like it is still a bit too low. I still was able to get an obscured popup edit box.

However, after trying to reproduce that for a screen record, all popups are appearing even the ones that get obscured, just like before.

2 Likes

@Big_monkey

You’ve heard of the two ring test? This one has three. :wink:

Unfortunately, I’m probably going to need that screen recording to take this back to Discourse again.

From what I’ve been able to ascertain, there is no time limit on self-deletion of a topic. But you cannot delete a topic if there’s been a reply. Let me know if you’re seeing something different. In any case, if you want a topic deleted that the forum won’t let you delete, simply flag it as “something else” and make that request. We generally honor such requests as long as it will not remove too much valuable content that’s been submitted by others.

3 Likes

Ok, cool. Thanks @Loki :grin:

2 Likes

Just made this one.

4 Likes