Forum Operations Feedback Thread

@Evypoo

The year is available and works the same on mobile web (Safari) and desktop. I’ll use mobile screenshots below.

When viewing a date in the upper right corner of a post, there is a subtle indication of whether it is current or past year. Specifically, if there is an apostrophe before the number after the month, it indicates the year. If there’s no apostrophe, it indicates the day of the month. In the iOS screenshot below, “Nov '18” indicates the post was from November 2018. If the apostrophe had been missing, it would have indicated Nov 18th of the current year.

I understand the apostrophe is tiny and hard to see. We have asked our forum provider (Discourse) to just put the full year there, but nothing has changed (at least so far). Here are a couple of other hints that may help (especially on mobile)…

If you tap on any of these dates, an overlay will pop up which displays the full date and time and a handy link to the specific post. Here’s what that looks like:

Also, at the bottom of the screen, there is a post scroll counter:

If you tap on that, it will bring up a full scroll bar for the topic on the the right side. (This scroll bar is always present without clicking on the desktop web version of the site). This shows you the month/year of the first and last posts and lets you scroll to any section of the topic:

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

UPDATE: I just found a way to make the site display the dates in YYYY format instead of 'YY.

So this should no longer be an issue going forward. Hope everyone likes the change.

9 Likes

Looks good! :+1: Verified via app and browser.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with my v3 live videos

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Wyze Sense as a Standalone Hub and Sensor System

4 posts were split to a new topic: A letter from the founders, what to expect in 2023 - #42 by Sam487

This topic is reserved for discussion about the operation of the Forum only. Please restrict comments here to this subject.

why is the roadmap now private or missing?

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

https://forums.wyze.com/c/roadmap/l/latest

Wyze is moving to a new wishlist system. You can read about it here:

4 Likes

Roadmap can now be found by going here:

Then clicking on “In Progress”

Those will be the ones that were “Roadmap” before because they were in progress and being worked on.

Items that were in the Roadmap but “Launched” will now be in “Wishes Granted”

5 Likes

thanks

1 Like

I would like to see spot on the user profile that allows you to select what products and how many of each you currently own and what products you would like to get in the future.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea, but I don’t think Discourse will be adding that, nor would Wyze admins wish to maintain it. But you can manually type that info into your user profile in the “About me” section complete with formatting features today. Many here have already done so.

4 Likes

@Seapup is correct. The structure of the Discourse forum platform can’t really accommodate that. His suggestion to put this info in your user profile is a good one.

3 Likes

Maybe a forum bug or something but my notification for this update claims this item is “Completed”.

[Mod Note]: Your post and associated replies were merged for better visibility.

4 Likes

I saw that too. I believe it was just a result of them trying to reorganize the wishlist structure. I think they had to do some weird stuff with some of the threads while moving them around. It was not intended to be marked completed.

4 Likes

Thank you for pointing that out Customer. carverofchoice is correct. That type of notification “+ xxx completed” is generated by the Discourse software when we do topic-level maintenance. For example, merging topics… Discourse has to run a background job to merge or reallocate votes, adjust post #s, etc. When Discourse has completed the task, the “+ xxx completed” is sent out to anyone that has the Watching flag set on the topic. Since the message doesn’t describe what specific action completed, it’s a useless notification to everyone other than the mod/admin that kicked off the action (Loki in your example). Not sure if we can change who receives this type of notification. @Loki probably knows and has the ability to adjust if possible.

5 Likes

I’m not seeing an obvious setting to change the notification. If it becomes a problem, I can look further into it with Discourse.

3 Likes

I don’t much care myself; I just was temporarily confused that the wishlist item was still open and not “completed”. Thanks for the explanations.

4 Likes

No way to just go back one page on forum is frustrating!

This button takes me all the way out every time ;/

Have you tried swiping the screen from the left to the right ?

Swipe the screen to the left at the middle of the screen , I do it on my phone all the time to go back to the previous screen I was on

1 Like