Font/icon color and size in the app (readability)

When loading an event video, the Percentage shows up in the official Wyze turquoise color. Black would be preferable and, more importantly, readable.

The turquoise is really bad on my 59 year old eyes. Really hard to read!

4 Likes

I also have problems seeing the numbers and the progress circle (on Android) with my 55 yr old eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This is what I thought he is referring to. I could be wrong. It looks clear in this image, but on my phone it is hard to see.

1 Like

Yes. That’s the one I’m referring to. It’s very hard to see the Turquoise against the grey circle.

2 Likes

Wow as an updated Droid user.
I only get this view?

That looks like the 1.5.x version. If you are using the latest beta 2.0.x, it looks like what I posted. Are you signed up for the beta program?

Beta version,
Oh ok !

1 Like

I agree 100%, change the colors to make all text easier to read.

3 Likes

And larger fonts. Looking at these images and on the phone app, it makes no sense to use micro-fonts.

4 Likes

The font colors in the App are very hard to read, Turquoise on White ? Black on White, Blue, Red, Purple…The App fonts and colors need contrasting colors. Thank You

2 Likes

For some users over 40, or others with low vision, the tiny thin font used in the app are difficult to read. When you refresh your design please give more consideration to accessibility.

4 Likes

As much as I like the color while on my computer, it is hard to read on my phone. Black and larger would be my suggestion

1 Like

The upgrade experience for iOS can measurably improve with a few “simple” changes.

1. Mint Green color choice for the iOS Update Firmware is very hard for users to read especially the thin font for the number and % sign. The lighter mint green against a white background with a narrow font is challenging to read on a small iPhone screen. I appreciate the desire to use the company color, but a higher contrast or thicker font (ie bold) would be helpful for user.

I just noticed on this website to the right you have a section labeled “Your topic is similar to…” that has a mint green background with black text. Consider that combination for the iOS update screen (vs the white background with mint text).

NOTE: This might only be an issue with middle age and older people who’s eyesight is degrading, BUT everyone will eventually meet those qualifications. :grinning:

1. Speaking of the font and the mint green progression bar … you have a HUGE amount of screen real estate yet choose; a) to display horizontally, b) chose a narrow font, c) display a narrow progression bar. Consider much bigger and bolded fonts (preferably with a higher contrast to the white background).

Given the amount of screen real estate you could have the progression bar displayed vertically and make it much larger.

2 Likes

I’ve always had a little trouble in the camera view seeing what state the ‘auto/on/off’ select button says. It’s easier now that we can go into ‘Settings>Advanced settings’ to see it, but would be nice to just be able to read the button itself without having to go there. I prefer smaller fonts, but that’s just a little too small.

1 Like

Having a high contrast option would be nice, or theme options. It can be a little hard to read sometimes.

1 Like

I hardly use the Wyze app because it’s so difficult to read, Thank god the tinyCam PRO app is compatible. Does the Wyze app meets user accessibility standards?

2 Likes

UI feedback:
Between the small size and fine lines of the IR light icon and the lack of contrast between white background and the Wyze green, it’s extremely difficult to see its current state. Can it be made more clear and perhaps a drop down menu?E9C9682B-CEAC-4479-96DC-048DBEA74B13

3 Likes